Kelly Holcomb saved the franchise

Albany,n.y.

the D almost lost this game ,you can not have people rushing for 150 yds every week. if the jets would have run martin more we would have lost . I am glad for the win and  i am not ready to say holcomb is the next jim kelly , i am glad he played well enough to get us the win .. jp should have 1 more win ( tampa )plus the play calling from the sideline still sucked , did not run the ball as much when JP was in = no ball control for jp  .

478345[/snapback]

We can't run the ball as much when JP's in there because we punt every fourth play. :D

But seriously, wasn't yesterday the first time we've had all 5 starting OL in the game at the same time? That may effect the play calling, or more specifically, the number of runs. Also, being able to move the ball in the air opens running lanes as the S and LB can't cheat. KH's experience allowed him to audible out of the called plays when NYJ had 5 down linemen, and then run several times out of the same set (that "near bunch" formation they used a lot on Sunday) when NYJ showed nickel or other "pass defenses."

Yeah, the D gave up two big runs for 90 yards, but I thought they played much better against the run, as good a game as they've played since Week 1 outside of those two long ones. But almost cost them the game? No way. They got takeaways on 2 of NYJ's last 3 possessions, didn't they? :blink: