Funny how no one has brought up Holcomb's INT

I'm talking about the gift-wrapped toss late that gave the Jets 7.  I guess winning makes everyone more forgiving, but that was a pretty boneheaded play for a veteran QB to make, don't you think?

PTR

478051[/snapback]

Yup, it was as bad as the flip to McGahee while being sacked was good.

But I don't think anyone is expecting too much from Holcomb, or at least I'm not. But he did a great job with audibles when NYJ showed 5 down linemen, and he consistently beat their D with quick, accurate throws.

Now that we're able to move the ball via the pass, we're seeing running lanes open for Willis, and that helped our O much, much more than his errant pass hurt.

I'm talking about the gift-wrapped toss late that gave the Jets 7.  I guess winning makes everyone more forgiving, but that was a pretty boneheaded play for a veteran QB to make, don't you think?

PTR

478051[/snapback]

You're right of course. Once you achieve a certain level experience, you stop throwing picks. Jeez...even Jim and Dan would occasionally make the bad decision. And this is a guy who has only started 11 freaking games.

He's doing just fine...that'll do PTR...that'll do.

Yup, it was as bad as the flip to McGahee while being sacked was good. 

478060[/snapback]

I'd actually slot that in the "bad" column. He needs to just eat the sack instead of being careless with the ball. The fact that the pass was complete (for a 4 yard loss) doesn't negate the fact that Holcomb doesn't take care of the ball as well as he should be.

Yep, Holcomb should have taken a ten yard loss rather than a four yard loss because he shouldn't be making every play he can? He shouldn't have thown that pass to Fast Freddie Smith because it might have been intercepted (But it wasn't and it was a TD).

Just what is it I don't get here? Is someone going to criticise the way he ties his shoes next? Is his hair parted on the wrong side? He's making plays, what else is he supposed to do?

I'd actually slot that in the "bad" column.  He needs to just eat the sack instead of being careless with the ball.  The fact that the pass was complete (for a 4 yard loss) doesn't negate the fact that Holcomb doesn't take care of the ball as well as he should be.

478080[/snapback]

He didn't haphazardly flip the ball out there though. He looked, and tried to get the ball away, but his arm was tied up. Once his arm was free, he saw that Willis still there and flipped it to him. Yeah, it was a loss of 3 instead of 8, but Willis slips a tackle or two and it's a long gainer.

He protected the ball and made a heads-up play. If you have the opportunity, watch that play again.

Bottom line: Kelly converts a few more third downs than JP, which gives Willis more carries. And viola, the Bills can win some of those games.

If the Bills are out of the playoffs by week 10, the coaches should bench Holcomb. Until then, this first place team is Kelly's.

Yep, Holcomb should have taken a ten yard loss rather than a four yard loss because he shouldn't be making every play he can? He shouldn't have thown that pass to Fast Freddie Smith because it might have been intercepted (But it wasn't and it was a TD).

Just what is it I don't get here? Is someone going to criticise the way he ties his shoes next? Is his hair parted on the wrong side? He's making plays, what else is he supposed to do?

478094[/snapback]

Apparently we're looking for different things out of the QB position on this Bills team. I'm looking for a guy that doesn't make mistakes, completes passes to move the chains and can put the ball in McGahee's hands so the running game can carry the load.

Holcomb has done a decent job but the guys on this board thinking he's an above average QB are kidding themselves. He's not a freewheeling playmaking QB that will make big plays with the ball. If you're a QB that doesn't make a lot of big plays then I expect you to be very careful with the ball. One mistake can cost a team the game.

Holcomb needs to play close to the vest for this team to succeed. If it were Brett Favre or Peyton Manning back there I'd be all for him trying to make every play he can. But Holcomb isn't that type of QB. Take the sack. A punt isn't a bad thing, a turnover is.

that INT could have lead us to a loss.

he played very well, with the exception of the 2 INTs.

did yall catch the incomplete pass he threw at McGahee's legs to avoid a sack and intentional grounding. i think he was in our own endzone. very smart play.

but yeah, 1 INT didnt hurt to bad, cus it was very deep and acted like a punt. but the second resulted in a 1 yard TD run.

that INT could have lead us to a loss.

he played very well, with the exception of the 2 INTs.

did yall catch the incomplete pass he threw at McGahee's legs to avoid a sack and intentional grounding. i think he was in our own endzone. very smart play.

but yeah, 1 INT didnt hurt to bad, cus it was very deep and acted like a punt. but the second resulted in a 1 yard TD run.

478119[/snapback]

I think folks mistook my intent with this post. Some verrryyy touchy people when QB's are discussed. No one is bashing Holcomb. He's the reason we are winning (and giving Willis the ball) It's just if JP makes a toss like that, it's a rookie mistake. So what is it when a vet does it?

PTR

I think folks mistook my intent with this post.  Some verrryyy touchy people when QB's are discussed.  No one is bashing Holcomb.  He's the reason we are winning (and giving Willis the ball)  It's just if JP makes a toss like that, it's a rookie mistake.  So what is it when a vet does it?

PTR

478338[/snapback]

I don`t know ...but one thing I want to know are you behind that cow again...just kiddin :D

Holcomb has done a decent job but the guys on this board thinking he's an above average QB are kidding themselves. 

478115[/snapback]

Fortunately for all of us, nobody has accused Holcomb of being the second coming of Johhny U. I really haven't seen anyone kidding themselves in regards to KH. He's not great, but he's efficient. Most importantly, he is also the most productive QB on the roster right now.

Fortunately for all of us, nobody has accused Holcomb of being the second coming of Johhny U.  I really haven't seen anyone kidding themselves in regards to KH.  He's not great, but he's efficient.  Most importantly, he is also the most productive QB on the roster right now.

478719[/snapback]

ding ding ...we got a winner :D

It could have been worst if Ty Law jumped on that fumble.

The Holocomb honeymoon is going to come to crash in the very soon future.

There is a reason he started 16 games over 10 years.

478077[/snapback]

Which mostly has to do with guys like Manning and Couch being drafted in places where he was. Dude can play. He may not be an elite QB but he's been successful when he's healthy. He was clearly better than Couch in Cleveland but the team around him was so bad that he kept getting hurt.

what's bone headed are your posts....find some enjoyment in a bills victory and stop picking on every negative play in the game

478061[/snapback]

Then again, some people like their coffee black, not with the three tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 pint of cream like you probably do. Maybe you don't even drink coffee yet. What's that you say? You only drink Pepsi with your Hot Pockets? :D

Try hanging around awhile longer with your attack yap shut and maybe you'll pick up on some of the finer points of the art of conversation among friends.

Which mostly has to do with guys like Manning and Couch being drafted in places where he was.  Dude can play.  He may not be an elite QB but he's been successful when he's healthy.  He was clearly better than Couch in Cleveland but the team around him was so bad that he kept getting hurt.

478927[/snapback]

This is true, and when you think about it, the same thing applied here. He was brought in behind yet another highly touted 1st round pick.

No, KH is no Bert Jones, but he is good enough to win some games. If Jay Fiedler can bring a team in the AFC East to the playoffs, so can KH.