"you gotta ride the horse, baby"?

jester43

how cool would it be if our stud running back would just flip the ball to the ref and jog back to the sideline after a TD like it was his JOB to do that? i know showboating expected in today's NFL, but that was embarrassing.

of course, when one of your "team leaders" celebrates getting off the field on third down by doing the friggin lambeau leap vs. miami, you should pretty much expect what we got from mcgahee after that score.

i honestly think these guys would do the team a favor by toning it down a little. personally, i think it's totally BADASS to just act like it's just another day at the office when you make big plays. it's like my 2nd favorite coach (after marv)says: winning is an attitude. when you go berserk just because you've done your job, that tells the world that it is UNUSUAL for you to do so...NOT how a would-be playoff team should behave, imo.

maybe it is asking too much, but i want this team to carry itself like, "well, yeah, OF COURSE we scored on your asses!" then i'll know we have real leadership, and that these guys truly believe.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how cool would it be if our stud running back would just flip the ball to the ref and jog back to the sideline after a TD like it was his JOB to do that?  i know showboating expected in today's NFL, but that was embarrassing. 

of course, when one of your "team leaders" celebrates getting off the field on third down by doing the friggin lambeau leap vs. miami, you should pretty much expect what we got from mcgahee after that score.

i honestly think these guys would do the team a favor by toning it down a little.  personally, i think it's totally BADASS to just act like it's just another day at the office when you make big plays.  it's like my 2nd favorite coach (after marv)says:  winning is an attitude.  when you go berserk just because you've done your job, that tells the world that it is UNUSUAL for you to do so...NOT how a would-be playoff team should behave, imo.

maybe it is asking too much, but i want this team to carry itself like, "well, yeah, OF COURSE we scored on your asses!"  then i'll know we have real leadership, and that these guys truly believe.

477863[/snapback]

People get too uptight over players enjoying themselves on the field. Sure they can go overboard (see T.O.) but a guy doing a little dance after a score is no big deal.

If it's up to me, I prefer Thurman's "celebration" -- hand the ball to the ref like "yo, what's up dude, it's just me again."

But people celebrate in different ways. I don't much care for Willis' horse-riding antics, and I have to admit I cringed when Biscuit or Bruce did their sack dances, but hey, that's them. As long as it doesn't draw a taunting penalty by being directed at an opposing player, let them do what they want.

I have a lot less respect for the Alvin Harper types who celebrate a mundane catch at the 45-yard-line as if they just scored the game-winning TD, though.

. Besides he's from the U- Im pretty sure they have a course in endzone celebrations that is mandatory for their players.

That's only because the Canes are in the end zone so often.

i loved willis's little dance. Endzone celebreations are great, and add some comedy for the game. Handing the ball to the ref is so boring, why not make it interesting and get the fans interest. Plus, always can use more ideas for TD celebrations in flag football :w00t:

I've always hated it, but I hate it on different levels and am not ashamed to admit it: if we're winning, I don't mind a jump into the fans arms. If we're losing, I particularly hate it and am the first one to say "Hey (fill in the blank), you're getting you clock cleaned 27-3. I wouldn't get too excited about that sack."

That particular dance was a little cheesey, but.....you've got to realize, jes, that Willis' "fanbase" equates to just about the entire Ralph Wilson Stadium. Fans are chanting Willis' name the whole game.....and Willis responds to that. He's constantly coming over to the tunnel endzone to "reward" his fans with his presence....and when he's entering the tunnel he always acknowledges the fans. We've grown to expect that from him......not saying that it's right or wrong.....but, we expect it. TKO does the same thing for the fans. I think TKO's appearance on the field for the coin-toss inspired the whole crowd. He got a standing ovation when he was exiting the field on the cart.....and when he rolled by he gave us a thumbs up and flashed the #1 sign.

Best ever... 2 years ago Sam Adams trying to high step a fumble rec. into the endzone (New England game was it?)

Worst ever... Greg Lloyd on all 4's acting like a dog pissing on San Diego QB. (During AFC championship game which Pittsburgh lost) He never got fined for that crap.

If it's up to me, I prefer Thurman's "celebration" -- hand the ball to the ref like "yo, what's up dude, it's just me again."

But people celebrate in different ways.  I don't much care for Willis' horse-riding antics, and I have to admit I cringed when Biscuit or Bruce did their sack dances, but hey, that's them.  As long as it doesn't draw a taunting penalty by being directed at an opposing player, let them do what they want.

I have a lot less respect for the Alvin Harper types who celebrate a mundane catch at the 45-yard-line as if they just scored the game-winning TD, though.

477941[/snapback]

What he said.

yeah, my first thaught was "great" cus we got the TD. then he busted out the cowboy.

all me and my roommate could do was say.. NO... NO.. he didnt, no he didnt just... o god...

then they showed the replay.

it was funny as hell, cus he looked so stupid. :w00t:

but he can do whatever dance he wants as long as he scores a TD. :lol:

But people celebrate in different ways.  I don't much care for Willis' horse-riding antics, and I have to admit I cringed when Biscuit or Bruce did their sack dances, but hey, that's them.  As long as it doesn't draw a taunting penalty by being directed at an opposing player, let them do what they want.

477941[/snapback]

Or a Bettis 4 yard run..... You think the guy just got a hummer from Pam Anderson the way he acts..

That particular dance was a little cheesey, but.....you've got to realize, jes, that Willis' "fanbase" equates to just about the entire Ralph Wilson Stadium. Fans are chanting Willis' name the whole game.....and Willis responds to that. He's constantly coming over to the tunnel endzone to "reward" his fans with his presence....and when he's entering the tunnel he always acknowledges the fans. We've grown to expect that from him......not saying that it's right or wrong.....but, we expect it. TKO does the same thing for the fans. I think TKO's appearance on the field for the coin-toss inspired the whole crowd. He got a standing ovation when he was exiting the field on the cart.....and when he rolled by he gave us a thumbs up and flashed the #1 sign.

477980[/snapback]

great post cable! He really seems to feed off the fans doesn't he?

I thought the celebration was hillarious and Willis is showing more and more how much he enjoys being here and playing a large role on the team.

I can take it or leave it with celebrations, but I don't think there's any reason to be so uptight about the game, as long as you're not showing up an opponent in their own stadium.