Anyone else think Tice gets canned today?

Thailog80

I think he gets it today. He clearly has no control over that team. The new owner should send a message very loud and clear today. Then start on cleaning up that team player by player.

477715[/snapback]

Replaced by whom? The OC? The DC? They need a full house cleaning and you just can't do that mid-season. I think his pathetic act plays out through the season, then he's cut loose.

Replaced by whom?  The OC?  The DC?  They need a full house cleaning and you just can't do that mid-season.  I think his pathetic act plays out through the season, then he's cut loose.

477774[/snapback]

Ted Cottell maybe? Tice is a lame duck walking and the players and fans know it.

It's a 50/50 bet because I think the main reason the Vikes do not can him is that they have much bigger issues than having an out of control team under the HC. If this was merely a football issue and getting someone in to get the team to perform better on the field was most of what this was about then you certainly can the HC.

However, there are so many other personal failings related to this team, that simply canning the HC really wouldbe simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. This baby still sinks dramatically.

Canning Tice may well be a good start, but there needs to be some sort of comprehensive remake of this team which separates them and is different than not only the sex scandal, not simply their approach on the field, but really deals with ownership which is disconnected from the team, poor onfield leadership, the impacts of the death of one of their OL players, the impacts of Moss and a host of other issues.

Can Tice certainly, bu what is this team really going to do within the restrictions the comprehensive agreement to make this team a TEAM?

It's a 50/50 bet because I think the main reason the Vikes do not can him is that they have much bigger issues than having an out of control team under the HC. If this was merely a football issue and getting someone in to get the team to perform better on the field was most of what this was about then you certainly can the HC.

477792[/snapback]

Nothing is more terryfying than when the top is canned....Tice goes, then

players are probably going to respond better.

Ted Cottell maybe? Tice is a lame duck walking and the players and fans know it.

477788[/snapback]

I'm not saying Ted's necessarily at fault here but wasn't it a defensive player who rented those boats?

Tice is ultimately responsible but the other coaches can't get a free pass on this if he's canned.

Tice isn't going anywhere.  There's no good replacements on deck.  They'll ride out the season with him, and then hire someone new after the season.

CW

477796[/snapback]

Cotrell might get his chance....I think they are really missing their OC who

went to Miami...and of course Randy Moss...

Tice isn't going anywhere.  There's no good replacements on deck.  They'll ride out the season with him, and then hire someone new after the season.

CW

477796[/snapback]

I guess it would depend on whom is available. If they have someone in mind now would'nt it make sense to get them in at least for the second half of the season? Really just in preparation for the following year. This way the coach could get a good look at players in season game action to get a better guage on who is worth keeping around for next training camp.

Can Tice and make one of the coordinators the "interim coach". Tell them they are auditioning over the rest of the season for a head coaching contract. Guarantee some fires will be lit in Minny. Letting Tice finish the season serves no purpose.

Same thing should be done in Houston.

477830[/snapback]

Maybe the two teams are waiting for one to go first so they can hire the other coach...? Capers -> Minny and Tice -> Houston... :w00t: