Game Thoughts

BuffOrange

- McGahee has been awesome since Mularkey called him out. Maybe it's a coincidence. I'm just sayin.

- I haven't been one to jump on the "B word about the playcalling" bandwagon becuase your passing game has to make plays in this league. I had a problem with it today for the first time this year. The Jets clearly had no answer for the running game, and there was no reason to run a reverse on 1st down up 14-0, or throw the ball to Shelton on 3rd&1 up 27-17, or throw deep up 14-3 with 2 minutes left in the half.

- The Jets coaching isn't exactly brilliant themselves. Is it me or have they been the only team in the league that hasn't consistently put 8+ in the box against us for the last 3 years?

- Josh Reed & Lee Evans threw some sweet blocks, on the Moulds TD and another Moulds first down, which was amazingly not mentioned once by the announcers. Shelton did a great job in blitz pickup on one of those plays as well.

- For the 2nd week in a row, our defense let a crappy offense drive 90 yards for a TD in our stadium when we had a chance to almost ice the game away. Not really a good sign.

- Hard to believe people actually rip Sam Adams. I shutter to think about our DL without him. Hell, he might even be our best pass-rusher. He handed Denney one of his sacks on a silver platter.

- Tim Anderson is....well, he's not a good player.

- I think Milloy is better in coverage than he is in run support. I'd like to see more blitzes from the corners.

- Seems like there's a lot more to lose than there is to gain with these early season home division games. It's huge that we won them, but still, I have a hard time getting excited about a 1st place tie when we've played 2 more home games than NE.

- Just heard Herm's press conference. He's a class act. I'm not sure if our pass-rush is as good as the Jets reporters seem to think though.

- One of the things that sucks about Sunday Ticket is that it caused me to miss both of McGee's good kick returns. Nice job though, I guess. Kudos to Lindell again as well.