Does Krumrie deserve some heat?

Haven't heard his name pop up here. He ultimately has the most input on our draft of lineman. We have all heard about how he wrestles the upcoming studs in the league.

Did he really think Ron Edwards could get the job done? That Tim Anderson can get it done? It is obvious to me these guys are a little light for this position. History serves Buffalo well with 330 plus defensive tackles- better yet 350. Until this god awful 3rd down debackle starts to turn around, nobody deserves a passing grade. Not even the untouchable Krumrie. 31st in the league against the run is just an absolute joke. Can we please stop old msn Martin today....

Krumrie doesn't have much say on draft day. I'm sure he would have liked the team to have added a DT instead of Parrish, but TD, MM & Ralph run the draft, the coordinators might get an ear, but nobody is going to blame the DL coach when TD decided to draft a WR. Don't you think Mouse wanted an OT? He has as much pull as Krumrie, and frankly, an OT would have made more sense last April.

Krumrie doesn't have much say on draft day.  I'm sure he would have liked the team to have added a DT instead of Parrish, but TD, MM & Ralph run the draft, the coordinators might get an ear, but nobody is going to blame the DL coach when TD decided to draft a WR.  Don't you think Mouse wanted an OT?  He has as much pull as Krumrie, and frankly, an OT would have made more sense last April.

476791[/snapback]

I was referring more to who we pick instead of when we pick. I know our line coaches would like to pick in the first round. But who they pick when the brass ask thier input is where they deserve some heat. Obviously Duke Preston is impressing more people than Ron Edwards or Tim Anderson and he is a rookie. I would like to see more bang for the buck. Give me a jumbo sized defensive tackle- Washington, Smerlas , Pat Williams, Sam Adams size man in there. Hey, if Anerson stuffs the run today I'll jump for joy and eat crow.

I don't think Smerlas was ever within a 20lb sack of dog food of 300 lbs when he played for The Bills, yet alone a "biscuit".

Don't we all wish we could pick a Bruce Smith caliber player in the 6th round. You can't pick an All-Pro if they're not there. duh! :huh:

I don't think Smerlas was ever within a 20lb sack of dog food of 300 lbs when he played for The Bills, yet alone a "biscuit".

Don't we all wish we could pick a Bruce Smith caliber player in the 6th round. You can't pick an All-Pro if they're not there. duh! :huh:

476796[/snapback]

We are talking 3rd round (Anderson, Edwards). Pat Williams was signed as an undrafted free-agent!!

Previous Years: The anchor of the Bills’ defensive line in 2003 and 2004. Was the Bills’ starting NT (2002-2003) and under tackle (2004) the last three seasons. The Bills’ best defensive lineman in 2002, leading the D-line in tackles and was named a Pro Bowl alternate. Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Buffalo Bills on April 25, 1997.

We are talking 3rd round (Anderson, Edwards). Pat Williams was signed as an undrafted free-agent!!

Previous Years: The anchor of the Bills’ defensive line in 2003 and 2004. Was the Bills’ starting NT (2002-2003) and under tackle (2004) the last three seasons. The Bills’ best defensive lineman in 2002, leading the D-line in tackles and was named a Pro Bowl alternate. Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Buffalo Bills on April 25, 1997.

476803[/snapback]

So please contact Mr DonnaHo with your selections prior to the next Draft.

There could be big money in it for you.

Hey, Johnny Unitas was a walk on too.

Maybe we could get our next QB that way. :huh:

Brilliant!

476796[/snapback]

It was a different (i.e. lighter) league back in the days of Fred Smerlas. Sub-300 pound DT's are rarely effective against the run in the current NFL.

It was a different (i.e. lighter) league back in the days of Fred Smerlas. Sub-300 pound DT's are rarely effective against the run in the current NFL.

476820[/snapback]

I wasn't the one that brought up Freddie's number. BM did that. I was just saying he never was a "Jumbo Sized Tackle". That's all.

Oh, and by the way. Please summon several jumbo sized tackles and sign them to long term contracts. And you must find them from the bottom of the draft or the ranks of the unemployed. And make it snappy! I am angry and must be appeased!

I was referring more to who we pick instead of when we pick. I know  our line coaches would like to pick in the first round. But who they pick when the brass ask thier input is where they deserve some heat. Obviously Duke Preston is impressing more people than Ron Edwards or Tim Anderson and he is a rookie. I would like to see more bang for the buck. Give me a jumbo sized defensive tackle- Washington, Smerlas , Pat Williams, Sam Adams size man in there. Hey, if Anerson stuffs the run today I'll jump for joy and eat crow.

476794[/snapback]

Washington and Adams were first-round picks; Smerlas was a second-rounder.

FYI: Krumrie was still in Cincinnati when Edwards was drafted in 2001. John Levra was the DL coach then.

476822[/snapback]

That's true. But the entire organization felt that we would not miss a beat inserting Edwards as a starter. Obviously not the case, so who do you blame? We are 31st in the leaguea gainst the run minus our starting DT from last season. When you are ranked that low, everyone who has anything to do with the defense needs to get some heat.

That's true. But the entire organization felt that we would not miss a beat inserting Edwards as a starter. Obviously not the case, so who do you blame? We are 31st in the leaguea gainst the run minus our starting DT from last season. When you are ranked that low, everyone who has anything to do with the defense needs to get some heat.

476839[/snapback]

Why does there always have to be blame placed? Players are players and they do what they do on the field. Some of that falls in line with coaching and some goes to freelancing. Who the hell cares about who to blame? The Bills are at the bottom of the league stat wise but only 1 game out of the division lead. Why dont all the blamers put the same emphasis on the positives and rooting for our football team to succeed! :huh:

GO BILLS!!!

Why does there always have to be blame placed? Players are players and they do what they do on the field. Some of that falls in line with coaching and some goes to freelancing. Who the hell cares about who to blame? The Bills are at the bottom of the league stat wise but only 1 game out of the division lead. Why dont all the blamers put the same emphasis on the positives and rooting for our football team to succeed! :huh:

GO BILLS!!!

476856[/snapback]

I agree.

Stop the madness.