The Contender - Tonight's Fights

PTS

Nice to see The Contender back on tonight, albeit really late because of the delayed college football game.

Alfonso Gomez won his fight against some non-Contender. Alfonso is just getting better and better.

Anthony Bassonti got absolutely screwed in the second fight against Jesse Brinkley. We not only won every round, he blew Jesse out in every single round. The fourth round was 40-9! Everyone was sure he won and boxing judges proved their ineptness (read coruptness) again. Fans were pissed, chanting bull s--t.

The title bout is on right now between Segio Mora and Peter Manfredo Jr.

Mark Burnett said The Contender: Season 2 will return in April on ESPN. He said the talent already looks to be as good if not better as the show has more star power now. ESPN is doing a much better job than the Contender Finale on NBC.

Both Manfredo Jr. and Bassonti were absolutey screwed tonight, and I think the ESPN screw was in shock. I don't know what was going on, but Manfredo Jr. landed about 3 times as many punches as Mora...

476783[/snapback]

I totally agree. I actually got to watch that here in Iraq on AFN. I can't believe how idiotic (although I agree, they're corrupt) those judges were. Rediculous. :huh: