enough

All I see are posts about who we're going to draft, whose going to be signed next year, etc....come on fellas, we're 5 games into the season, and we're already starting to plan for next year??? We're 2-3, and still in it....lets hold off on that talk until the season expires and find out the end result

flame away

this team looks dreadful, therefore the discussions are warranted. i am still a huge fan who watches every game, and i realize "anything can happen," but i'm not kidding myself either. we are woefully weak across both lines which means that we're gonna suffer through another autumn full of frustration, and it is more than reasonable to look ahead.

this team looks dreadful,

476480[/snapback]

If we are dreadful at 2-3, playing another team that's 2-3, with 11 other teams in the league with the same or worse record than ours, and only SIX teams that have points against worse than our...

That's a mighty tall definition of dreadful.

:(:rolleyes:

maybe, but consider that "we want to be the greatest defense ever..."

i'm not the one who set the bar up there.

although a playoff appearance every 5 years or so would be nice, considering almost 40% of the league makes it every year.

476570[/snapback]

When that was stated (Best defense ever) did you really billieve that it was going to happen? Yes all the tools were in place and all but what the hell did you expect to hear? Well we really are hoping to have the 31st ranked run defense and the 24th ranked pass defense? :huh:

Once again everyone needs to realize that the pre-determination of doom and gloom comes from a deep-seeded nightmarish childhood memory of not getting our Red Ryder air rifle on Christmas morning. Or maybe we are ever-reminded of the first girl who ever said "no" to the question "Would you like to go to the school dance with me?"

Or maybe we still sting with the pain of being rejected by B.O.C.E.S., or the JV soccer team, or the jealousy of that college roommate who always seemed to be nailing twins in the adjacent bunkbed.

Maybe we're just protecting the scarred part of us who remembers that our father never said he loved us enough, or that our dog ran away, or that we used to think gauze shirts with band collars was hip, and suffered the laughter of others because of all of these things.

The only reason...ONLY reason...anyone, including myself, ever starts expecting the worst from their team irrationally is because they're tired of being hurt, disappointed, and laughed at.

Though we fear pain and hurt, we can at least take solace in the fact that most of us are NOT the biggest pain-deflecting pussies of them; the ones who always stand up the next day saying "See, I told you life would suck. See, I told you we should've drafted Nugent. See, I told you TD sucks. See, I told you you shouldn't drink the Kool-Aid."

These interminable pussies are the same ones who stand up to an 11-year-old and say "See, I told you you'd never get an official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time."

I wish we were doing better like everyone but I never give up.

Most anyone can see our weaknesses and repeating them ad nauseum.

It's an accurate reflection of society. Some use this site to exchange ideas. Some use it to root for the team. Some use it to gripe 24/7.

I don't pretend to know why some people constantly gripe nor care to know ones reasoning behind it. I do know I'll make fun of them 24/7. That won't change. Misery hates my company.

The only reason...ONLY reason...anyone, including myself, ever starts expecting the worst from their team irrationally is because they're tired of being hurt, disappointed, and laughed at.

476874[/snapback]

Umm, ya, ok. So the fact that we have the second worst rushing defense in the league after 1/3rd of the season doesn't factor into expecting something bad from this D? This team has demonstrated an inability to stop the run, rush the passer, and get off the field on 3rd down.

It's only irrational if the team was playing well and people were expecting the worst. Expecting bad things from a bad team until they demonstrate otherwise is not irrational. One can expect the worst but hope for the best. That's the plight (sp?) of a Bills fan.

RTB

Umm, ya, ok. So the fact that we have the second worst rushing defense in the league after 1/3rd of the season doesn't factor into expecting something bad from this D? This team has demonstrated an inability to stop the run, rush the passer, and get off the field on 3rd down.

It's only irrational if the team was playing well and people were expecting the worst. Expecting bad things from a bad team until they demonstrate otherwise is not irrational. One can expect the worst but hope for the best. That's the plight (sp?) of a Bills fan.

RTB

476915[/snapback]

Irrational. As in "five games in" irrational. Catch me after we're eight games in.

I am not giving up, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't mind seeing Leinart in a Bills uniform, the play he made yesterday on 4th and 9 was disgusting.... that win against Houston is going to mess it all up for us... Damnit JP! All his fault again!

RTB

476915[/snapback]

Tell you what, you can have the Rams defense, which is top ten in rushing (under 100 ypg) and 3rd down %age. With it you'll get nearly 30 points per game scored against you, but as you say, it's all about the run defense and 3rd down %age.... :P Me, I'll take the Bills' D, warts and all. What matters to me at the end is what's on the scoreboard, and with all the TOP that our offense is giving up, the D is still generally (except once) keeping teams under 20 points, which should be enough for an average offense...Of course, now that I've said this the Dog-ass Jets will lay 45 points on the team... :huh: