You guys believe this?

ofiba

This guy claims the Jets should try to exploit the Bills weak secondary. He also claimed they brought in Vinny because of his ability to throw down field. He claims the loss of Antoine Winfield really hurts our D. Maybe he doesn't realize the Bills lost him last year, and then went on to be the second ranked D in the league. I know the Bills aren't the best team of all time, but wouldn't you say the Bills secondary is one of the stronger points of its? Oh well.

Weak secondary

This guy claims the Jets should try to exploit the Bills weak secondary.  He also claimed they brought in Vinny because of his ability to throw down field.  He claims the loss of Antoine Winfield really hurts our D.  Maybe he doesn't realize the Bills lost him last year, and then went on to be the second ranked D in the league.  I know the Bills aren't the best team of all time, but wouldn't you say the Bills secondary is one of the stronger points of its?  Oh well.

Weak secondary

476407[/snapback]

The Bills have had a very good defense the past few years, but they’ve lost CB Antoine Winfield and DT Pat Williams respectively to free agency the past two offseasons.

476409[/snapback]

I wasn't claiming that he thought we lost him this year. I was saying that he can't claim our D is going to take a hit without Winfield if we already showed last year the secondary can play just as well without him.

Link took me to a Q-and-A with Herm Edwards, probably not the story you were referencing. But as long as I'm here, let's discuss this further.

"Weak" secondary. Hmmmm...

So far this year, the Bills have allowed a 58.9% completion rate, 5.98 yds/attempt. Given up 4 TD passes in 5 games, 2 to WRs, 2 to TEs. 7 INTs, 6 by DBs. Overall, opposing QBs have a 63.8 passer rating, and the 139 passing yards/game given up ranks the Bills pass D #1 in the league.

(Of course, if the run D wasn't so horrific, opposing teams might need to pass a little more often. I'm also not happy with the opponents' third-down conversion percentage. But "weak", in regards to the secondary? Sorry, not seeing it.)

Maybe he thinks our safeties are exploitable.

He may have something there.

Vincent has been less than impressive on several occasions.

Malloy should patent his three-yards-in-the-making tackle of RBs.

This just in: The swamp thing is coming to town to air the ball out.

Curtis Martin is hobbled, so even though the Bills D can be gouged at will by the power running game of opponents, Herm-"The Brain"-Edwards will have them passing because Vinny is very confident in himself and based on last week's gaudy numbers I think they're going to look to him to light up out secondary. Lord knows we won't be able to get any pressure on Mr. Testicleverde with our front four.

We do have a problem in the secondary in that we have been blitzing the DB's a lot and bringing up Milloy in tight to help shore up our weak run defense. That leaves man to man coverage with no deep help on at least one side of the field. We saw the Dolphins have some success deep because Troy couldn't cover both sides of the field and so arrived at the sideline too late. Seeing that kind of coverage can get a QB salivating in a hurry, especially when all that blitzing is not resulting in sacks.

I was listening to Mike Franseca on the fan yesterday and he was saying that Martin is obviously banged up and hobbling, to what exent I guess we won't know to Sunday, but he isn't 100%. He was also talking about a lack of a suitable backup with Blaylock out for the year now. Thus Vinny is supposedly gonna shoulder the load.

Well damn. If the Bills can't shut down a 41 yr. old qb who was out of the league untill two weeks ago than they have some problems. Vinny will be sitting right there for them in the pocket. It's time for Schobel and Kelsay to bring some comsistent heat w/o blitzing every down. The Bills defense should come up with at least 2-3 turnovers.

I was listening to Mike Franseca on the fan yesterday and he was saying that Martin is obviously banged up and hobbling, to what exent I guess we won't know to Sunday, but he isn't 100%. He was also talking about a lack of a suitable backup with Blaylock out for the year now. Thus Vinny is supposedly gonna shoulder the load.

Well damn. If the Bills can't shut down a 41 yr. old qb who was out of the league untill two weeks ago than they have some problems. Vinny will be sitting right there for them in the pocket. It's time for Schobel and Kelsay to bring some comsistent heat w/o blitzing every down. The Bills defense should come up with at least 2-3 turnovers.

476466[/snapback]

And the winner is …

1. The Jets starting Vinny Testaverde: The Jets were out of quarterbacks that could win a game for the team. First, Testaverde made the call to coach Herman Edwards, and then the Jets made the call to Testaverde. Six practices later and the 41-year-old quarterback gets the call to start. He leads them to a win over the previously undefeated Bucs, gets a radio show on a local station and everyone in New York is back to thinking playoffs for Vinny’s Jets.

The rest of the story...

13 for 19 and 163 yards, no TDs, 1 INT against the Tampon Bukkakeneers no less.

Remind me again how JP and The Bills did against them in weak too. :(

The biggest problem with our D may be Jerry Grays' schemes. The DE's line up very wide of the OT's . Then the OL LB's line up outside the DE's, trying to blitz. The result is the middle of the line and the whole middle of the field is wide open.

476466[/snapback]

Schobel will get'im with his white man motor.

And the winner is …

1. The Jets starting Vinny Testaverde: The Jets were out of quarterbacks that could win a game for the team. First, Testaverde made the call to coach Herman Edwards, and then the Jets made the call to Testaverde. Six practices later and the 41-year-old quarterback gets the call to start. He leads them to a win over the previously undefeated Bucs, gets a radio show on a local station and everyone in New York is back to thinking playoffs for Vinny’s Jets.

The rest of the story...

13 for 19 and 163 yards, no TDs, 1 INT against the Tampon Bukkakeneers no less.

Remind me again how JP and The Bills did against them in weak too.  :huh:

You mean for the Bucs' home opener, on the road in the heat and humidity, with the Bills having a green QB and the Bucs having Cadillac Williams? Yeah, those are similar situations.