Jonas Jennings Potentialy season ending injury

OnTheRocks

per Fantasy Football Mastermind:

The San Francisco Chronicle reports although pass protection has been a problem for the 49ers, the team is not planning any changes to its offensive line. Rookie QB Alex Smith was sacked five times in the 28-3 loss to the Colts on Sunday, and the line's inability to protect QB Tim Rattay earlier this season contributed to his benching. The 49ers have given up 17 sacks, fourth most in the league. OLT Anthony Clement struggled against the Cardinals on Oct. 2 in his first start, but seemed to settle down against Colts DE Dwight Freeney. The team appears set on Clement being the replacement for OLT Jonas Jennings (shoulder), whose season is in doubt because of the torn labrum in his right shoulder. Coaches also are sticking with ORT Kwame Harris, believing the 2003 first-round choice is improving. The 49ers have rookies they could promote, including third-round draft choice OT/OG Adam Snyder, who as Oregon's left tackle last season won the Pac-10's top-lineman award. However, Snyder has played guard this season and is poised to be a starter if C Jeremy Newberry's fragile knee gives out. OLG Eric Heitmann would then move to center and Snyder would go in at guard. Meanwhile, rookie OG David Baas, a second-round pick in April, is hurrying to catch up after missing six weeks of training camp with a torn hamstring.

By giving TD credit - are you saying he has the ability to see into the future and predict that Jonus would have a season ending injury?

He knew that Jennings annually misses games and thus wasn't worth the money he was seeking. I'm sure he didn't expect Jennings to miss most of the season, but I'm sure he's not surprised either.

He knew that Jennings annually misses games and thus wasn't worth the money he was seeking.  I'm sure he didn't expect Jennings to miss most of the season, but I'm sure he's not surprised either.

476367[/snapback]

Hhhmmmm, Mike Williams had similar concerns coming out of UT Austin...I wish he went with the instincts there...

Hhhmmmm, Mike Williams had similar(injury) concerns coming out of UT Austin...I wish he(TD) went with the instincts there...

476369[/snapback]

Well, now you're just making stuff up to advance your agenda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 SEASON

Played in all 12 games, including the Cotton Bowl, either on offense, goal-line defense or on special teams as a true freshman … Saw action in eight games at offensive tackle and all 12 on special teams

1999 SEASON

Played in every game, including the Cotton Bowl

2000 SEASON

All-Big 12 Conference second-team choice by the Houston Chronicle, earning honorable mention from the league's coaches … Played in every game, starting the final 10 regular-season contests and the Holiday Bowl at right tackle

2001 SEASON

Earned first-team All-America honors from The NFL Draft Report, the American Football Coaches, Walter Camp Football Foundation and Football News.....Started every game at right offensive tackle.

nfl.com draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/williams_mike.htm

By giving TD credit - are you saying he has the ability to see into the future and predict that Jonus would have a season ending injury?

476365[/snapback]

Considering that JJ's nickname on here has been "Jennings A La Cart" for at least the past three years (thanks again, BADO), one wouldn't need much in the way of clairvoyance to foresee such an event...

476365[/snapback]

c'mon, henry...you know very well that a good number of people were bitching and moaning that TD "let JJ get away" this offseason. it is pretty clear that not paying him mega-$$ was a smart decision. his injury history speaks for itself.

Jennings missing games..thats about like confirming Romo on roids. The guy MAY be worth $6-7 million a year if he was durable--but durability is the main reason the Bills didn't make the offer.

Give TD, Modrak and John Guy just a little credit on this one...

Also--I know this won't be popular--but the Bills most consistent offensive lineman this year may just be Mike Gandy....our street free agent...admittedly the best of a bad lot right now...

yes as much as i miss his talent,you cannot deny that even with us jonas was good for missing 4 games a season.i know left tackles are expensive,but i think you have to be a pure stud to get the contract jonas got.glad we didnt pay.......go bills in"05

Even IF Jonas were able to play all 16 games, I'd still balk at paying him like a top LT, like he got paid by the 49'ers. He's a solid LT, but not a top one. The Bills did that with Fina and as a result never tried to improve the LT position. Now for the money and production, Gandy is BETTER than Jennings, but I don't harbor any illusions that he's the Bills' permanent LT. As I've said, I see him moving inside to LG next year and a new LT taking over (I'm assuming Gandy will be in competition for the LT spot, but hope to see him lose it to Peters or a draft pick).