Just heard Kelly Holcomb on local sports show

PJBrown

..remember he is from Middle Tennessee...nothing spectacular, says he wants to make the most of his opportunity, he definitely wants to play and feel he can lead a team...says we have a very solid team that is ready to win now and we should do well once some of the kinks are worked out....said nice things about how JP is handling the demotion...etc....

for what it's worth I work with a guy who was his center in high school..

Go Bills!

As one who was squarely behind the QB switch, I must say, when Holcomb was a free agent, I had the feeling that he very much wanted to be a starter, and thought his play warrented a starting job. I was surprised he signed with the Bills, and won't be surprised if he doesn't take a demotion, back to the bench, very well. Not saying Flutie/Johnson, but he is very competitive. I think we have him under contract long-term, like for three more seasons after this...

As one who was squarely behind the QB switch, I must say, when Holcomb was a free agent, I had the feeling that he very much wanted to be a starter, and thought his play warrented a starting job.  I was surprised he signed with the Bills, and won't be surprised if he doesn't take a demotion, back to the bench, very well.  Not saying Flutie/Johnson, but he is very competitive.  I think we have him under contract long-term, like for three more seasons after this...

475335[/snapback]

I really want Losman to succeed but for all the bashing TD takes here I thought this was a great signing at the time and think even more so now.

I want my QB's to be competitive....

Bottom Line, I support whomever starts as he is a Bill. Quoting Miracle: "The namew on the front is a heck of a lot more importnant than the one on the back"...though we don;t have a name on the front.......

I really want Losman to succeed but for all the bashing TD takes here I thought this was a great signing at the time and think even more so now.

I want my QB's to be competitive....

Bottom Line, I support whomever starts as he is a Bill. Quoting Miracle: "The namew on the front is a heck of a lot more importnant than the one on the back"...though we don;t have a name on the front.......

475344[/snapback]

I 100% agree. I was a big fan of Bledsoe (a "Bledsoe-apologist" if you will), and read all the crap that was (and continues to be) slung his way. I didn't want the Bills to release him, but once they did, it didn't matter. I like Holcomb, and I think Losman still has a bright future. I don't know whyl, with so many, it has to be an all or nothing proposition. I just want the Bills to win....

I 100% agree.  I was a big fan of Bledsoe (a "Bledsoe-apologist" if you will), and read all the crap that was (and continues to be) slung his way.  I didn't want the Bills to release him, but once they did, it didn't matter.  I like Holcomb, and I think Losman still has a bright future.  I don't know whyl, with so many, it has to be an all or nothing proposition.  I just want the Bills to win....

475353[/snapback]

Vote for best post of the year!

I don't know whyl, with so many, it has to be an all or nothing proposition.  I just want the Bills to win....

475353[/snapback]

Agreed on all accounts. (except I wasn't a Bledsoe apologist :lol: )

On the point I quoted, I think that people want a can't miss lock QB of the future. If you think about it, we haven't had one since Jim's rookie year. It's been like a rotating door of busts, pretenders and journymen since. That is why people are hardcore for Losman being in there, they want to see if he is "that" QB.

Let's face it, if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs by loss, in week 17, this was a BAD move. It just opens up the same line of questions, maybe even more, then we had going into this season. Then what, we can give JP 6 more games next season, be 2-4 and have the same thing happen? How is he going to mature, and get better without playing time?

I watched Eli Manning play last season, almost every game. I couldn't believe how terrible he looked, and wondered how someone who looked that bad could have been a first round pick. I thought he was going to be a complete bust, he couldn't even throw a spiral at times, let alone be accurate. Now look at him, he did a complete 180 and looks like 10 times the QB he was last year. Jim Gray asked him if that time helped him, even though he struggled so badly. Eli said the experience was huge, and nothing practice could have 100% prepared him for.

Not that I disagree with KH being in there, I just hope the worst possible scenario doesn't happen, like many others I assume. Maybe I'm in the minority, but 5-11 with JP, is better then 7-9 or 8-8 with Holcomb. At least with JP, we'll have a better idea if we have "our" QB.

Sorry if this is confusing, sounding incoherent is a gene I had passed down by my family. <_<

Not that I disagree with KH being in there,  I just hope the worst possible scenario doesn't happen,  like many others I assume.  Maybe I'm in the minority,  but 5-11 with JP,  is better then 7-9 or 8-8 with Holcomb.  At least with JP,  we'll have a better idea if we have "our" QB. 

Sorry if this is confusing,  sounding incoherent is a gene I had passed down by my family.    :o

475369[/snapback]

I agree. Considering how leaky our Run defense has been and the defenses

inability to get off the field on 3rd downs and the terrible blocking by the OL,

we definitely look like a 8-8 team....THat is why it is so important JP gets to

feel the real games rather than watching them from the sidelines...

I agree.  Considering how leaky our Run defense has been and the defenses

inability to get off the field on 3rd downs and the terrible blocking by the OL,

we definitely look like a 8-8 team....THat is why it is so important JP gets to

feel the real games rather than watching them from the sidelines...

475687[/snapback]

Even if we were to finish 8-8 or 9-7 with Holcomb, the Bills are obligated to win as many games as possible. I understand what you are saying, but hindsight is always (ok usually on TSW) 20/20. Last years Bills team is proof that teams can come out of nowhere, catch lightening in a bottle, and make a very big turnaround. I think the defense will start to get stronger as the season goes on, as will the offensive line. Sorry, I will just never agree that 4 or 5 games into a season you should decide to scrap it and build for next year. There is a point where that realization kicks in (say 3-5) but it is not here yet. The Bills are one game out of the division lead in the AFC East, are 2-0 in their conference, and still very much alive. Jeez, try to enjoy this season and its' possibilities, before you start fanticizing about next... :o