US marine joins Al-Jazeera

chicot

From the marines to Al-Jazeera

Is he a traitor?

474946[/snapback]

I guess I'm missing something here. Why would he automatically be a traitor for signing on with a media organization that has traditionally been unfriendly to US causes? Perhaps he is there to provide a different perspective on things. You know, kind of like the "Counter-point" in "Point/Counter-Point".

Until and unless he is giving "aid & comfort to the enemy", I think this is or will be blown way out of proportion. It isn't like he joined the other Al...

Maybe you still fail to appreciate the beauty of free societies.

Rushing is free to see legal employment at his will. There's nothing in that story, no matter the lengths that the friggin' Guardian tried to go to, that indicates that he's going to be a shill for Al Jazeera.

The question you have to ask is whether they will censor his views, which will likely be more pro-American than their viewers are accustomed to.

I guess I'm missing something here.  Why would he automatically be a traitor for signing on with a media organization that has traditionally been unfriendly to US causes?  Perhaps he is there to provide a different perspective on things.  You know, kind of like the "Counter-point" in "Point/Counter-Point".

Until and unless he is giving "aid & comfort to the enemy", I think this is or will be blown way out of proportion.  It isn't like he joined the other Al...

474962[/snapback]

My comment was just to play devil's advocate. I suspect that some on the far right would see his actions as more or less traitorous and I was curious as to what others made of this.