The perfect article

BuffalOhio

If anyone doesnt notice how fast Bledsoe is getting the ball out of his hands then they are blind. I cant remember one time Bledsoe was able to make his drop and throw immediately after he finished his drop.

Lets face it, Bledsoe is getting the ball out and his playmakers are getting open on time. Maybe, could it be , that Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Jason Whitten, and Julius Jones combined are better than Eric Moulds, Reed/Lee Evans/Price, and Travis Henry?

Guest BackInDaDay
If anyone doesnt notice how fast Bledsoe is getting the ball out of his hands then they are blind.  I cant remember one time Bledsoe was able to make his drop and throw immediately after he finished his drop.

Lets face it, Bledsoe is getting the ball out and his playmakers are getting open on time.  Maybe, could it be , that Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Jason Whitten, and Julius Jones combined are better than Eric Moulds, Reed/Lee Evans/Price, and Travis Henry?

475145[/snapback]

I don't think so.

When Kevin Gilbride was here he asked his QB and receivers to read coverages and adapt their routes accordingly. As opponents became familiar with what our O was doing they came up with ways to confuse our receivers and put them on a different page then Bledsoe. KG's passing scheme is sophisticated and dynamic but it's reliance on receivers being as savy as their QB is it's downfall. It's failed elsewhere, so I wouldn't blame our guys for that.

As far as our post-Kilbride offenses go, the year before last injuries to receiving corp and Josh Reeds inability to transition from slot reponsibilities to those of a wide-out, crippled our passing game. Reed is what he is, but I wouldn't look at his failure to step up as an indictment on the whole group.

Last year I think Drew and all of the receivers did fine. I think we were defended in the same way opponents always defend DB. Pressure (especially up the middle) and take away his first option. GW did this in their game and the ball wasn't flying out of his hands quickly against the Skins. Either Parcells came up with something, the Eagles' Johnson didn't do his homework, or the Eagles didn't have the D personnel to execute this D. Probably a combination of each.

No. Our receivers are fine, but an upgrade at TE will make all of their jobs easier. Here's hoping the kid Euhus can start where he left off. Nothing like hitting the TE on a 'skinny'. Draws those safeties in.

I don't think so.

When Kevin Gilbride was here he asked his QB and receivers to read coverages and adapt their routes accordingly.  As opponents became familiar with what our O was doing they came up with ways to confuse our receivers and put them on a different page then Bledsoe.  KG's passing scheme is sophisticated and dynamic but it's reliance on receivers being as savy as their QB is it's downfall.  It's failed elsewhere, so I wouldn't blame our guys for that.

As far as our post-Kilbride offenses go, the year before last injuries to receiving corp and Josh Reeds inability to transition from slot reponsibilities to those of a wide-out, crippled our passing game.  Reed is what he is, but I wouldn't look at his failure to step up as an indictment on the whole group.

Last year I think Drew and all of the receivers did fine.  I think we were defended in the same way opponents always defend DB.  Pressure (especially up the middle) and take away his first option.  GW did this in their game and the ball wasn't flying out of his hands quickly against the Skins.  Either Parcells came up with something, the Eagles' Johnson didn't do his homework, or the Eagles didn't have the D personnel to execute this D.  Probably a combination of each.

No. Our receivers are fine, but an upgrade at TE will make all of their jobs easier.  Here's hoping the kid Euhus can start where he left off.  Nothing like hitting the TE on a 'skinny'.  Draws those safeties in.

475172[/snapback]

I dont know where you were going with this , but its a fact that our Big 3, be it Moulds, whoever the 2nd WR was (Price, Reed, EVans) and Henry are not nearly as good as the 5 players Bledsoe has now, Johnson, Glenn, Crayton, Whitten, and Jones.

Our O was better once McGahee got in the game, but it still struggled.

Its really that simple. That might be the best 5 weapons combined in the NFL, atleast its near the top.

Guest BackInDaDay
I dont know where you were going with this , but its a fact that our Big 3, be it Moulds, whoever the 2nd WR was (Price, Reed, EVans) and Henry are not nearly as good as the 5 players Bledsoe has now, Johnson, Glenn, Crayton, Whitten, and Jones.

Our O was better once McGahee got in the game, but it still struggled.

Its really that simple.  That might be the best 5 weapons combined in the NFL, atleast its near the top.

475195[/snapback]

Before the bottom fell out of KG's O, Bledsoe made the pro-bowl (and Henry too, I think) and both Moulds and Price had 1000 yard seasons. Pretty good passing game.

Next year D's are all over our O scheme. Price is gone, Reed can't step up, Moulds plays with a groin pull, Henry plays with a broken leg. The passing game goes south. I agree that receiving corp was way too thin and unprepared for what happened.

Last year Bledsoe, playing behind an OK line, rediscovered the deep ball with the addition of Evans, a healthy Moulds and a comfortable Reed. By the Miami game our TEs were threats. The passing game was clicking again.

It always came down to "'can Drew throw it today?". That usually depended on Drew, the gameplan, the O-line, and the receivers in that order. I put Drew before gameplan because play-makers can make coaches look smart.

All of you wait - I don't care what Bledsoe or his line is doing now.  Let's see how he does outdoors in November and December (and January, if they make it).

474843[/snapback]

um, he plays in dallas, texas, in a mostly enclosed stadium. that's hardly the permafrost region. they play 4 road games in november and december: at philly on nov 13 (monday night), at the giants on december 4, at washington on december 18, and at carolina on december 24. that's pretty easy, actually. only the giants game presents real weather problems.

basically, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one.