An opinion from the outside...

Chilly

A Bills fan called up talking about how it was a horrible thing to bench Losman, and both people agreed with Mularkey's decision, including Dan Reeves.

Oh, and one of the guys said that Losman would never be a good NFL QB. He also said that its not a big deal since the Bills don't have a lot of cap money tied up in him. (I don't agree with that, but its something to think about)

A Bills fan called up talking about how it was a horrible thing to bench Losman, and both people agreed with Mularkey's decision, including Dan Reeves.

Oh, and one of the guys said that Losman would never be a good NFL QB.  He also said that its not a big deal since the Bills don't have a lot of cap money tied up in him.  (I don't agree with that, but its something to think about)

474507[/snapback]

So if Losman will never be a good NFL QB, why exactly was it horrible to bench him? :doh::blush::lol:

Sounds like those were some pretty sharp football guys on the show! :w00t:

So if Losman will never be a good NFL QB, why exactly was it horrible to bench him?  :doh:  :blush:  :lol:

Sounds like those were some pretty sharp football guys on the show!  :w00t:

474513[/snapback]

The caller said it was a horrible idea to bench him, not the guys on the show.

Only play JP if Kelly cannot play any better than him and we keep on losing.

474741[/snapback]

Why bother?

Save us the aggrivation and frustration.

Cut JP now. Free up his cap space and move on.

If he's that stoopid why waste any more time on him?

Heave him overboard.

Almost every single media person involved w/ the NFL including all the ex-players that litter ESPN and other outlets agree that starting Holcomb was the best move for the BIlls. This is a moot point now. People that think it's stunting JP's development are clueless. You don't throw away a season to develop a young QB. You start a young QB in the hopes he will develop and win some games at the same time. Obviously JP isn't ready to lead a team that is close to being a playoff caliber team. If the season tanks then JP will be right back in there getting his reps.

Almost every single media person involved w/ the NFL including all the ex-players that litter ESPN and other outlets agree that starting Holcomb was the best move for the BIlls.  This is a moot point now.  People that think it's stunting JP's development are clueless.  You don't throw away a season to develop a young QB.  You start a young QB in the hopes he will develop and win some games at the same time.  Obviously JP isn't ready to lead a team that is close to being a playoff caliber team.  If the season tanks then JP will be right back in there getting his reps.

474790[/snapback]

The reason all these ESPN media etc talk about KH to be the QB is because they

don't watch the game...rather they look at the scoreboard and see who won....

If they went and did a little bit of soul searching, they will find that Holcomb

did nothing better than JP....In fact JP would have won this game, the way the

STs and defense played in the game...

The Giants weren't gonna win last year regardless.  Oh, and they started Warner at the beginning of the year, and he performed decently well, and when they benched him Coughlin pissed off many of the vets on that team.

474871[/snapback]

Yet how pissed are they now that Eli's tearing it up and making headlines? Mularkey caved in.

It just sucks that players are selfish and don't want to build something. They'd rather cash in and "win" -- and while I was happy we beat the Fins last week, the way we did it was pretty excruciating. The Bills are kidding themselves if they think we're going to beat OAK, NE the way we played last week.

It just sucks that players are selfish and don't want to build something.  They'd rather cash in and "win"

How many of the players on the current roster will be here next year? I know we returned most of our players from last year, so I'm assuming that means we'll have a lot of FAs next year. Why WOULDN'T they want to win now, if they're not going to be here later? Especially given the fact that they went 9-7 last year and just narrowly missed the playoffs.

I don't think they're being selfish at all.

CW

Oh, and one of the guys said that Losman would never be a good NFL QB.  He also said that its not a big deal since the Bills don't have a lot of cap money tied up in him.  (I don't agree with that, but its something to think about)

474507[/snapback]

That guy could make a lot of money being an NFL scout if he can decide who is good and who isn't in 3 games.

PTR

The reason all these ESPN media etc talk about KH to be the QB is because they

don't watch the game...rather they look at the scoreboard and see who won....

If they went and did a little bit of soul searching, they will find that Holcomb

474864[/snapback]

No one can ever say for sure but I personally doubt the Bills beat Miami with JP at the helm....and i know for darn sure JP would not have completed 20 of 26 passes.

Yet how pissed are they now that Eli's tearing it up and making headlines?  Mularkey caved in.

It just sucks that players are selfish and don't want to build something.  They'd rather cash in and "win" -- and while I was happy we beat the Fins last week, the way we did it was pretty excruciating.  The Bills are kidding themselves if they think we're going to beat OAK, NE the way we played last week.

474880[/snapback]

Why does everyone who is so broken hearted about Losman getting benched, so insistant on comparing this situation to Eli Manning? It is completely different. Just because you have given up any hope that the Bills can do anything this year, the franchise, and the people who run it, cannot. Why is building one player, at the detriment of 52 others, so important to you. If your wish comes true, and Oakland and New England beat Buffalo, JP will likely get the starting job back for the rest of the season. He will, then, have 12 starts under his belt, to "build" for next season....Eli Manning, who everyone is so obsessed with, only had 7! Get over it...quit predicting gloom and doom, because your team is trying to win some football games....if Mularkey "caved in" like you say, Losman would be starting now, because the whining of the Losman fanatics is overwhelming right now...

474864[/snapback]

Either you have not watched the games the last 4 weeks, or you are delusional!

did nothing better than JP...

474864[/snapback]

...except having a completion percentage over 48%, passing for over 100 yards, and leading the offense to two TDs. <_<