Mike Vick

nuklz2594

That's what I mean about "lucking into a decision."  It's because his drafted replacement held out that they come out looking like geniuses in picking a good QB.  They've spent what, 3 or 4 top 10 picks on QB's in the last 10 years and it's now a second-rounder that's getting it done for them?  And of course in the meantime (and because of said "fall-back decision" that worked out for them) everyone extols the virtues of San Diego and how they are a better organization top to bottom, despite the fact that they've had 1 winning season in the last 10 years...  :blink:

473976[/snapback]

Exactly. And they were clearly geniuses for knowing that their second best player was going to be a stud, when he didn't even play football. I guess that old saying is true, you gotta be bad to be lucky.

But who will Mr. Blank give back rubs to if Mikey leaves???? :doh:

And there is absolutely NO way anyone in the ACC beats the Hokies this year...

474030[/snapback]

If you guys get by the 'canes, then you can deal with us...

If you guys get by the 'canes, then you can deal with us...

474258[/snapback]

I actually couldn't care less about VA Tech. I work in Richmond, so all I hear about all day is VA TECH. I just want them to run the table so they can play USC, because I think that they will give them the best game for the Nat. Championship.

That being said, they are extremely strong this year, and should run the table if they don't fall asleep at the wheel...

I just want them to run the table so they can play USC, because I think that they will give them the best game for the Nat. Championship.

2 over-rated teams from subpar conferences playing for an imaginary title while squads like Texas, Georgia, Michigan State and Alabama play some other meaningless games.

Yep, sounds like college football. :doh:

Man, Vick is not going anywhere....

Understand this.

You are a "fan" who pays to see people play football. You pay top dollar for a ticket that gives you the right to watch a team play for 4 hours. You buy their shirts, food and everything else in the stadium. Vick puts asses in the seats, the owner does not care who is what. All he cares about is the mighty buck brother...

That's what I mean about "lucking into a decision."  It's because his drafted replacement held out that they come out looking like geniuses in picking a good QB.  They've spent what, 3 or 4 top 10 picks on QB's in the last 10 years and it's now a second-rounder that's getting it done for them?

Exactly...and Antonio Gates wouldn't have anything to do with Brees' "luck," would he?

2 over-rated teams from subpar conferences playing for an imaginary title while squads like Texas, Georgia, Michigan State and Alabama play some other meaningless games.

Yep, sounds like college football.  :doh:

474294[/snapback]

If you are calling the ACC uoverrated, then you dont know a thing about college football. We have 3 teams ranked in the top 9, and 2 of the top 4. Check out the front page of ESPN right now, they have a great article on the ACC.

Yep, sounds like college football.  :doh:

474294[/snapback]

How 'bout that Jo Pa? Game passed him by, my ass!

That's what I mean about "lucking into a decision."  It's because his drafted replacement held out that they come out looking like geniuses in picking a good QB.  They've spent what, 3 or 4 top 10 picks on QB's in the last 10 years and it's now a second-rounder that's getting it done for them?  And of course in the meantime (and because of said "fall-back decision" that worked out for them) everyone extols the virtues of San Diego and how they are a better organization top to bottom, despite the fact that they've had 1 winning season in the last 10 years...  :doh:

473976[/snapback]

I don't know if anybody considers SD a model organization. And the fact that they kinda gave up on Brees too soon is pretty irrelevant with respect to evaluating their 2001 draft...

All I'm saying is that John Butler did a pretty god job in that draft, and that trade worked out for them.

f you are calling the ACC underrated, then you dont know a thing about college football. We have 3 teams ranked in the top 9, and 2 of the top 4. Check out the front page of ESPN right now, they have a great article on the ACC.

No, if you are calling the ACC underrated, then you don't know a thing about college football.

Actually I'm just kidding, I wouldn't tell somebody that they don't know a thing about football just because they happened to disagree with my opinion.

And to tell the truth, I was mistakenly referring to the Big lEast as I had forgotten that VTech switched conferences this year. The ACC might actually be a decent league with FSU, VT, Miami, BC and Ralph Friedgen. But I still don't thik it merits comparison with the SEC, the Big10 or maybe even the Big12.

The point I was trying to make was that if you take teams like USC (the media's most recent greatest-team-ever, which supplanted Miami who was the media's last greatest-team-ever) and put them in a real conference like the Big10, they go 9-2 and end up playing a bowl game somewhere in upstate Missouri.

Cya

How 'bout that Jo Pa? Game passed him by, my ass!

I always got a good chuckle reading stuff like that, insinuating that he suddenly couldn't coach.

You might be able to argue that it's hard for him to be an effective recruiter at that age, but saying the guy doesn't know his business on gameday is ludicrous. :doh:

Check out the front page of ESPN right now, they have a great article on the ACC.

474335[/snapback]

Just in time for tonights ESPN Thur. night game between.......yep you guessed it two ACC teams Clemson VS GA Tech.

Yeah I know there is probably no connection but anytime I can take a cheap shot at ESPN I will.

Also the ACC might be on the up and up, but outside of the big three schools the rest of the league wouldn't hold up in the SEC, Big Ten etc. From top to bottom there not quite there yet.

I always got a good chuckle reading stuff like that, insinuating that he suddenly couldn't coach.

You might be able to argue that it's hard for him to be an effective recruiter at that age, but saying the guy doesn't know his business on gameday is ludicrous.  :)

474473[/snapback]

It's amazing to me on shows like "The Sports Reporters" they complain about the way College sports are run these days. Then they bash Paterno and say the game has passed him by and he should retire.

His age MIGHT be a problem for recruiting...but his biggest recruiting problem is he actually operates a relatively "pure" program. How often has there been even a sniff of a NCAA violation on one of Joe's teams? Joe's players have to go to class...who the hell wants to do that when you can play at Ohio State or The U...or for Bobby Bowden? Even Notre Dame doesn't operate at the level of Paterno...and they barely have to recruit....they are, after all, Notre Freakin Dame. Perhaps Stanford has a similar situation...but, they have an inside edge with the REALLY SMART athletes.

Anyway, I'm rootin for PSU in a big way this year. I'd love to see Joe Pa go out on top.

If you like Mike Vick, you'll love Marcus Vick.  I'm still waiting for the rest of the Hokies season to play out, but Marcus is a very smooth operator who will only get better.  I think he is every bit as exciting as his brother, and is ALOT more comfortable in the pocket.  Can't wait to see how he develops over time.

That said, I fantasize about him wearing our uni some day.

473952[/snapback]

I saw the season opener against NC State. Marcus was clearly the difference in that game in the 2nd half--there were at least 4 plays in the half where he avoided an onslaught and picked up 15 plus either through the air or with his feet. Pocket awareness is uncanny given how little QB he has played. Va. Tech would have one in the L column without him...

Now if he would stay away from the weed and under age girls -- we may have something...I call him little Mexico...

No, if you are calling the ACC underrated, then you don't know a thing about college football.

Actually I'm just kidding, I wouldn't tell somebody that they don't know a thing about football just because they happened to disagree with my opinion.

And to tell the truth, I was mistakenly referring to the Big lEast as I had forgotten that VTech switched conferences this year. The ACC might actually be a decent league with FSU, VT, Miami, BC and Ralph Friedgen. But I still don't thik it merits comparison with the SEC, the Big10 or maybe even the Big12.

The point I was trying to make was that if you take teams like USC (the media's most recent greatest-team-ever, which supplanted Miami who was the media's last greatest-team-ever) and put them in a real conference like the Big10, they go 9-2 and end up playing a bowl game somewhere in upstate Missouri.

Cya

You might be able to argue that it's hard for him to be an effective recruiter at that age, but saying the guy doesn't know his business on gameday is ludicrous.  :lol:

474473[/snapback]

My bad, i meant overrated. <_< All i am sayign is that the ACC isnt just FSU and some scrubs anymore. This conference is no walk in the park. FSU, VT, and Miami are legitimate contenders, and BC is just outside (they have a real good squad)

And i agree USC is a waste. If they played teams with talent year in and out, they wouldnt be nearly as good as they appear.

For the record, FSU has/will play Miami, BC, and Florida. Also, barring a major setback, we should be in the ACC championhip, which will be against VT or Miami. Not exactly a schedule to shake a finger at.

What up Ramius? I replied to your post about taking the safety on Sunday. I have to agree that the ACC is stacked this year and that an undefeated ACC team deserves a shot at USC. That's tough for me to say since my favorite team is the Longhorns. Texas has only played Ohio State and Oklahoma (who wasn't supposed to suck this bad) so far, and Texas Tech is the only real tough game left.

By the way, I just found out I passed the bar exam! I better get back to work before I get fired.