The Further Erosion Of Hyper-Sensitive PC America

Mark VI

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness they don't. Religion in general, I'm afraid is crap. I'm glad it wasn't force fed to me in school. If you and Jr. want to get together and discuss the bible in your living room, fine. Don't make anyone in school be subjected to that garbage. This is where conservatism loses me. A bad philsophy any way you slice it. :doh:

474475[/snapback]

well the "Golden Rule" is a Bible Teaching. Do you think that is something that shouldn't be taught in school?

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

Matthew 7:12

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise."

Luke 6:31

Thank goodness they don't. Religion in general, I'm afraid is crap. I'm glad it wasn't force fed to me in school. If you and Jr. want to get together and discuss the bible in your living room, fine. Don't make anyone in school be subjected to that garbage. This is where conservatism loses me. A bad philsophy any way you slice it. :doh:

474475[/snapback]

What the hell does conservatism have to do with religion. I'm one of the biggest conservatives around but I don't even believe in God. Don't feel that religion is garbage. Just in case I'm wrong. :blush:

What the hell does conservatism have to do with religion.  I'm one of the biggest conservatives around but I don't even believe in God.  Don't feel that religion is garbage.  Just in case I'm wrong.  :)

474506[/snapback]

Didnt you get the memo? Unless you think all religion and everything that comes with it is complete garbage with zero merit youre not "enlightened" and "progressive."

Didnt you get the memo? Unless you think all religion and everything that comes with it is complete garbage with zero merit youre not "enlightened" and "progressive."

474773[/snapback]

The Chef could care less about a seat on the Supreme Court. He's president of his non-secular Wine club.

The Chef could care less about a seat on the Supreme Court. He's president of his non-secular Wine club.

474777[/snapback]

Maybe the non-secular WHINE club... :doh::doh:

:)

Why is this lost on people that in order to do what you want religiously, you pay extra for it.

Some parents were offended by the pray and didn't want it... They have to uphold those wishes, even if they are in the minority.

It might not make sense to some but, those public tax dollars can't be made to impose somebody's religious will over somebody's secular will. Even if one person is offended. Don't get me wrong... I am not saying the Constitution says you can't be offended... It doesn't.

Again, that is why I send my kids to relgious, private education. I want that specific relgious will to be exposed to my child. I realize I need to pay extra for it.

Is it really about people not having this control over their tax dollars?