The Further Erosion Of Hyper-Sensitive PC America

Mark VI

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's OK.  One of the nation's high schools is currently offering food coupons to students who turn in others who attended a party this past weekend.

Public schools are a joke.

473769[/snapback]

That is okay... Just being groomed for the "snitch world/society" we live in.

I wonder if the US offers aid to any country that helps turn in terror?

:blink::lol:

So you would walk knowing half the information?

I wonder what the prayer says?  Can't really determine things until they state what has been said... I guess I have to reserve judgment... I guess he can always go to a Catholic school with out a problem?

I wonder if they will realease that information?

:blink:  :lol:

473779[/snapback]

The Riddler is back - with a vengeance. Where's the damn bat and his alter boy when you need them?

The Coach walked on principle.

Your reply makes no sense. Deja vu.

473833[/snapback]

What principle? Because he couldn't get his way and say what he wanted to. Heck, we don't even know what he said.

But, if you want to blindly follow because it is "principle"... So be it. And they call some lemmings... Take a look in the mirror. :lol::lol:

Who is in control here... It is not the coach.

Don't let the door hit him in the arse.

If someone can post what he said, then I can make a personal judgement.

Until then it is just a lame media link to get your panties in a wad.

If this coach was a liberal, he would have sued and FORCED others to accept HIS principles, no matter how the players felt.

Good for the coach. He didnt like the way things went, so instead of kicking and screaming and forcing others to adhere to HIS principles, simply left. He will probably go to a private school and be much happier.

What principle?  Because he couldn't get his way and say what he wanted to.  Heck, we don't even know what he said.

But, if you want to blindly follow because it is "principle"... So be it.  And they call some lemmings... Take a look in the mirror.  :lol:  :lol:

Who is in control here... It is not the coach.

Don't let the door hit him in the arse.

If someone can post what he said, then I can make a personal judgement.

Until then it is just a lame media link to get your panties in a wad.

:blink:  :lol:

473873[/snapback]

I'm not making a personal judgement and I understand the whole seperation of church and state issue. Who's in control ? Obviously the wishes of very few.

I'm not making a personal judgement and I understand the whole seperation of church and state issue. Who's in control ? Obviously the wishes of very few.

473881[/snapback]

I agree.

Like they should start letting parents decide policy... :lol::lol:

We already got problems now... We would surely be in a world of hurt, letting the dimwits of the world dictate policy.

Let them eff up their own kids lives... Save my kids lives for me to eff up.

If this coach was a liberal, he would have sued and FORCED others to accept HIS principles, no matter how the players felt.

Good for the coach. He didnt like the way things went, so instead of kicking and screaming and forcing others to adhere to HIS principles, simply left. He will probably go to a private school and be much happier.

473877[/snapback]

Yes. As long as they were SECULAR principles.

Your second point is well taken. That is why I send my kids to private religious education.

You do pay extra for that private education though... That is what people have a hard time accepting. Too bad.

473877[/snapback]

Just a hypothetical...What if the coach was a Muslim and wanted the team of mostly Christians to face Mecca and pray to Allah to smite their infidel enemies and help them win the game?

Would you still support the coach and his prayer?

473877[/snapback]

this is the problem with Conservatives. There isn't enough kicking and screaming coming out of them (us). Conservatives (we) are too thin skinned. We want to make a stand on principle and when the left libs throw their sticks and stones and names like school girls we crumble.

if Conservatives had half the tenacity of liberals the Bible and Prayer would still be in schools.

Just a hypothetical...What if the coach was a Muslim and wanted the team of mostly Christians to face Mecca and pray to Allah to smite their infidel enemies and help them win the game?

473957[/snapback]

I support nothing more than his refresingly different decision to quit a job he held with people he didnt agree with, instead of trying to FORCE those people to agree with him.

He didnt like the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. I respect that. Its quite different than the modern approach of picking up the oven and tossing it out the window.

473957[/snapback]

Why make the hypothetical something absurd? If the coach was Muslim and wanted the primarily MUSLIM team to face Mecca and pray to Allah to give them fortitude and the grace to win with sportsmanship and dignity, I would have no problem with it at all.

If the coach is calling the other team infidels and asking Allah to smite them, shouldn't that be a hate crime? Oh, my bad, only white Christians can commit hate crimes. :blink:

Your hypothetical has little or nothing to do with the present situation. The coach has said grace at the pregame meal and a pregame prayer for 23 years. Over 50 members of the team support him. (How many kids are on a highschool football team anyway?) There are a handful of parents/students that "feel uncomfortable". They get their way because the religion of Atheism is the only one acceptable to secularists. I don't know the prayers the coach was saying, but considering he's done it for nearly a quarter of a century with NO ONE complaining, I have to assume that they were probably rather nondenominational (this is New Jersey, not somewhere in the heart of the Bible belt). How do I know no one ever complained before? Because the pinheads on the school board didn't stop him in the past!

Why make the hypothetical something absurd?  If the coach was Muslim and wanted the primarily MUSLIM team to face Mecca and pray to Allah to give them fortitude and the grace to win with sportsmanship and dignity, I would have no problem with it at all.

If the coach is calling the other team infidels and asking Allah to smite them, shouldn't that be a hate crime?  Oh, my bad, only white Christians can commit hate crimes.  :blink:

Your hypothetical has little or nothing to do with the present situation.  The coach has said grace at the pregame meal and a pregame prayer for 23 years.  Over 50 members of the team support him.  (How many kids are on a highschool football team anyway?)  There are a handful of parents/students that "feel uncomfortable".  They get their way because the religion of Atheism is the only one acceptable to secularists.  I don't know the prayers the coach was saying, but considering he's done it for nearly a quarter of a century with NO ONE complaining, I have to assume that they were probably rather nondenominational (this is New Jersey, not somewhere in the heart of the Bible belt). How do I know no one ever complained before? Because the pinheads on the school board didn't stop him in the past!

474017[/snapback]

Id love to know what the coach's W/L record has been with this group of players.

Id almost guarantee it isnt good.

on edit: 2-3, with his record 2-2 before he quit. To be fair, he was coach of the year last year and posted a 10-2 record. So Im off on this.

473957[/snapback]

Here's a far more realistic hypothetical. What if one of the players on the team was a Muslim and he wanted to pray to Allah before the game? You can bet your bottom dollar that the same people who are supporting the school board in this case would be screaming bloody murder about 'tolerance' and making 'reasonable accommodation' on behalf of the player.