Just saw three movies with very different results

Talonz

Batman Begins : Wow...One of the best movies in some time!!!! BUY IT!

Serenity: Decent..I didn't watch the TV version so I was a little lost. I probably will enjoy it more when it hits DVD. Worth seeing if you like SCI-FI.

Hitchhikers Guide: Good God, what was the deal with that movie? Ok, I didn't read the books, but come on, this movie was just STUPID.... Ship approaches planet, missles are fired at said ship, a warp drive is activated and turns the missles into a whale and a flower pot? The whale crashes into the planet?? Dolphins fly out of the ocean and say thanks for the fish? Earth is then blown up only to be reconstructed at the end ? ? ? ? Is there someone else out there that "gets it" ?????

Also: Anyone else out there see the previews to Doom? It looks HORRIBLE!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman Begins :  Wow...One of the best movies in some time!!!!  BUY IT! 

Serentiy:  Decent..I didn't watch the TV version so I was a little lost.  I probably will enjoy it more when it hits DVD.  Worth seeing if you like SCI-FI. 

Hitchhikers Guide:  Good God, what was the deal with that movie?  Ok, I didn't read the books, but come on, this movie was just STUPID....  Ship approaches planet, missles are fired at said ship, a warp drive is activated and turns the missles into a whale and a flower pot?  The whale crashes into the planet??  Dolphins fly out of the ocean and say thanks for the fish? Earth is then blown up only to be reconstructed at the end ? ? ? ?  Is there someone else out there that "gets it" ????? 

Also:  Anyone else out there see the previews to Doom?  It looks HORRIBLE!

473622[/snapback]

I read Hitchhiker's Guide...the movie still sucked. Better than "March of the Penguins", which is the all-time greatest suckfest of a movie...but not by much. Hitchhiker's Guide is probably the worst movie I've ever paid to see without being coerced into it.

They just showed a clip of Doom on The Tonight Show. Oh...My...God. That looks seriously, tragically horrible beyond all infinite dimensions of horribleness. The clip - the damned clip they feature to promote the movie! - had absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. :blink:

I read Hitchhiker's Guide...the movie still sucked.  Better than "March of the Penguins", which is the all-time greatest suckfest of a movie...but not by much.  Hitchhiker's Guide is probably the worst movie I've ever paid to see without being coerced into it. 

They just showed a clip of Doom on The Tonight Show.  Oh...My...God.  That looks seriously, tragically horrible beyond all infinite dimensions of horribleness.  The clip - the damned clip they feature to promote the movie! - had absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  :blink:

473629[/snapback]

The previews of Doom showing with Serenity showed at least 3 parts that were suppose to be 1st person..MAN DID IT LOOK CHEEEEEESEY!!!!

Also they showed when the Marines picked up their different weapons and each weapon had a nick attached to it - For instance The Rock was to be called "Sarge" ...Oh god, did I roll my eyes...

Yes, it will be a suck-fest and a major bomb at the box office...

Batman Begins: Damn good flick....8/10

Serenity: Fezmid got me to watching the tv series...all 14 episodes....and I fell in love with it. If you give the characters, writing, wit, humor, and suspense elements of this series/film to earn their keep, they will do it! 9/10

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: One of the biggest disappointments I can recall over the past few years. I love good sci-fi, and this was absolute crap. Alan Rickman should be ashamed for such an underutilization and WASTE of his immense talent. 4.5/10

Serenity:  Decent..I didn't watch the TV version so I was a little lost.  I probably will enjoy it more when it hits DVD.  Worth seeing if you like SCI-FI. 

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=31710

The TV show is already out on DVD (and has been for over two years):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

It's currently the #5 top selling DVD at Amazon, and I"ve never seen it below 15 in the 2+ years it's been out. Everyone I've introduced to the show has absolutely fallen in love with it. You'll love the series, especially if you thought the movie was pretty good.

CW

They just showed a clip of Doom on The Tonight Show.  Oh...My...God.  That looks seriously, tragically horrible beyond all infinite dimensions of horribleness.  The clip - the damned clip they feature to promote the movie! - had absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  :doh:

473629[/snapback]

I saw that to. More Hollywood mega-crap for the masses.

They just showed a clip of Doom on The Tonight Show.  Oh...My...God.  That looks seriously, tragically horrible beyond all infinite dimensions of horribleness.  The clip - the damned clip they feature to promote the movie! - had absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  :doh:

473629[/snapback]

Could there possibly be a movie that you hate more than March of the Penguins?

Could there possibly be a movie that you hate more than March of the Penguins?

474180[/snapback]

No.

Every time I think there might be, I think back to all those little frozen penguin !@#$ers organizing play dates between the little penguin chicks, and realize that just maybe Doom won't be all that bad...

I mean, penguin play dates. My God...they don't have goddamned play dates, they're !@#$ing penguins!!!!

C'mon.  Doom is going to be worth the rent just to see the Rhinoheaded thing get chewed up by the chainsaw and to see the ramheaded giant get shot with the BFG 9000.

Go watch the "English Patient" or "Chocolate", ya buncha conisewers (sic).

474212[/snapback]

The effects look second tier. My rig with Geforce 6800GT could almost produce what I saw in the previews..

MEH

BTW: The past 8-12 months have been HORRIBLE for movies in general. Look at the new releases at Blockbuster. Maybe once a month something OK is out....

I hope Hollywood improves this holiday season.

The effects look second tier.  My rig with Geforce 6800GT could almost produce what I saw in the previews..

MEH

BTW:  The past 8-12 months have been HORRIBLE for movies in general.  Look at the new releases at Blockbuster.  Maybe once a month something OK is out....

I hope Hollywood improves this holiday season.

474256[/snapback]

I'm sure you meant years.

No.

Every time I think there might be, I think back to all those little frozen penguin !@#$ers organizing play dates between the little penguin chicks, and realize that just maybe Doom won't be all that bad... 

I mean, penguin play dates.  My God...they don't have goddamned play dates, they're !@#$ing penguins!!!!

474202[/snapback]

Hey, though not acknowledged, I worked pretty hard on my sir with fur who hates penguins poem, I would hate for you to start hating something even more cuz I'd have to rewrite the poem.