Cap room saved with Drew?

Clockwork

Thank you CP. How much room do we have left for 2005? When is the deadline for using this years cap dollars for new contacts and/or extensions?

It would be a shame not to use every available dollar this year so as to provide more cap flexibility next year.

Bills saved approx. $7 million on 2006 cap

473911[/snapback]

that was his projected 2006 number, correct? he is counting less then 5M on the cap for 2005 if i recall..........to me, that is the savings.......we'll have 5M more to spend next year...........

that was his projected 2006 number, correct? he is counting less then 5M on the cap for 2005 if i recall..........to me, that is the savings.......we'll have 5M more to spend next year...........

More than that. After Teague and Posey come off, it'll be another few million for Nate.

Teague will be a ufa. He is not under contract with the Bills in 06 and does not count toward their salary cap.

474271[/snapback]

I think that's what bills_fan was saying. After this season, we'll do without Teague and Posey's salaries. Well, Teague for sure. Dunno whats the deal with Posey's contract but I know TD likes him enough to potentially re-sign him.

Re-sign Nate. Pick up 3 or 4 new O-line talent. Pick up 2 D-line guys. Keep Gandy and B. Anderson for depth. Cut ties with Jerman please. Restructure Mike Williams contract and make sure he's not killing us financially. Let's part ways with Bannan as he's done nothing for us except 2 goal line stints as an offensive lineman. DO NOT RE-SIGN RON EDWARDS. Let him go. Restructure E-Moulds contract. Damn, we could have a lot of off-season transactions. WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO EARLY TO BE THINKING ABOUT THIS. Screw it - I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season.

I think that's what bills_fan was saying. After this season, we'll do without Teague and Posey's salaries. Well, Teague for sure. Dunno whats the deal with Posey's contract but I know TD likes him enough to potentially re-sign him.

Re-sign Nate. Pick up 3 or 4 new O-line talent. Pick up 2 D-line guys. Keep Gandy and B. Anderson for depth. Cut ties with Jerman please. Restructure Mike Williams contract and make sure he's not killing us financially. Let's part ways with Bannan as he's done nothing for us except 2 goal line stints as an offensive lineman. DO NOT RE-SIGN RON EDWARDS. Let him go. Restructure E-Moulds contract. Damn, we could have a lot of off-season transactions. WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO EARLY TO BE THINKING ABOUT THIS. Screw it - I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season.

474284[/snapback]

posey is signed through 2006.........however, he may be released with his 1.75 salary and the way crowell is stepping up.......

as well, moulds holds the cards when it comes to his contract.....if he balks at restructuring his number to force free agency, the bills can forget about all the cap room they are saving from not having bledsoe around.....the dead cap number if moulds leaves will be astounding.....the bills need to keep him happy........

Teague will be a ufa. He is not under contract with the Bills in 06 and does not count toward their salary cap.

Right & the team will have that money, and more to give to Nate. We're saying the same thing.

posey is signed through 2006.........however, he may be released with his 1.75 salary and the way crowell is stepping up.......

My bad, I thought Posey was up this year. He's helping the D, but if you need the money for Nate, then release him.

My bottom line is everything revolves around Nate.