Holy Crap

Mikie2times

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times do you think e-dog will post the same repetitive rips about Mike Williams? 15 of his last 18 posts on this board in the last week are shots at Williams regarding his injury.

Terms of Service

Do NOT Post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

Simon who's talking about Big Mike ?

I'm talking about Ben R..

It looks like your the one worrried about MW.

WWWAAAA.

473754[/snapback]

I never realized that hyperextending the knee is what causes a "sprained ankle." :lol: Why do you refer to Ben's injury that way? Where's the link that says "sprained ankle?" :blink:

It may just be hyperextended.  Here's to hoping.

472680[/snapback]

It looked a lot worse than it actually was. Good call.

Marty Schottenheimer may be the worst big game coach in NFL history.

472680[/snapback]

The folks in Pittsburgh may disagree w/ you there.

It looked a lot worse than it actually was.  Good call.

Too bad I know nothing about the NFL. :blink:

The folks in Pittsburgh may disagree w/ you there.

473765[/snapback]

Cowher got them to the SB and was Neil O'Donnell away from winning it. Marty had the most talented team in the NFL two years running and lost at home both times.

I thought Cower coached his ass off in the SB against the Cowboys.

Cowher got them to the SB and was Neil O'Donnell away from winning it.  Marty had the most talented team in the NFL two years running and lost at home both times.

473773[/snapback]

True, but you did say "worst big game coach", correct? I can't fault him much for the SB loss to Dallas, but coaching decisions have come into play in almost all of their AFC title losses and in other playoff eliminations they've had.

I thought Cower coached his ass off in the SB against the Cowboys.

473773[/snapback]

I thought Jason Gildon played his a** off (how'd you run that day, Emmitt?) than Cowher coached his a** off.

True, but you did say "worst big game coach", correct?  I can't fault him much for the SB loss to Dallas, but coaching decisions have come into play in almost all of their AFC title losses and in other playoff eliminations they've had.

I thought Jason Gildon played his a** off (how'd you run that day, Emmitt?) than Cowher coached his a** off.

473776[/snapback]

That team never quit and Cower's onside kick decision was brilliant. He simply couldn't overcome O'Donnell's (and one WR) gaffes. FWIW, I thought Kevin Greene was terrific that day. He was physically whipping both tackles on a regular basis.

I never realized that hyperextending the knee is what causes a "sprained ankle."  :lol:  Why do you refer to Ben's injury that way?  Where's the link that says "sprained ankle?"  :blink:

473758[/snapback]

Sorry Dan I must have missed that injury report.

I was watching the replay and I thought it was an ankle.

Good job by you and Simon staying on top of things.

Sorry Dan I must have missed that injury report.

I was watching the replay and I thought it was an ankle.

Good job by you and Simon staying on top of things.

473799[/snapback]

:blink: His foot was planted forward and the player's helmet hit his knee pushing it backwards. Ben fell to the ground clutching his knee. What in that replay says "ankle" to you besides veiled references to MW's injury?

Besides that, your post came after the following report:

Ben R. is fine. Hyperextension and a bone bruise. Steelers said he could be ready to play Sunday. Where is Pittsburgh hiding the lucky horseshoe?

473303[/snapback]

QUOTE(Alaska Darin @ Oct 11 2005, 12:28 AM)

Marty Schottenheimer may be the worst big game coach in NFL history.

Uhhh....It's hard to look past a coach who takes a team to the Superbowl 4 times in a row and losses all of them. :blink:

Uhhh....It's hard to look past a coach who takes a team  to the Superbowl 4 times in a row and losses all of them.  :blink:

473813[/snapback]

Well, you need to be in it to lose it. Any game with playoff implications is big, including the playoff games themselves. That Marty is 179/120/1 in the regular season and 5/12 in the post-season is pretty telling to me. Besides that, he is 0-2 against Levy in the playoffs, so how would you rate him above Levy?

And what you'll find in general is that you can go to any NFL city and they'll tell you they have/had a coach that was worse. Levy in Buffalo, Cowher in Pitt, Reid in Philly, Grant in Minnesota...Schott would rank among them if he managed to get to the "Biggest Game," but he'd have to win "big games" to get there...