Holy Crap

Mikie2times

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last minute of the Chargers game a helmet goes right on his knee. Looks like he tore a ligament for sure, that could really hurt the Steelers chances.

472673[/snapback]

Yep, that looked pretty bad....not Willis McGahee bad, but bad.....

Last minute of the Chargers game a helmet goes right on his knee. Looks like he tore a ligament for sure, that could really hurt the Steelers chances.

472673[/snapback]

The Steelers should be fine with Maddox leading the team if Ben is gone for any length of time. Big Ben has never been asked to do that much.

472673[/snapback]

He was definitely holding his knee- the good thing for Steelheads is he walked off- but a tear in the knee would spell a LONG layoff.

OTOH, having CBatch your third option at point guard is hardly the worst thing a team could face.

The Steelers should be fine with Maddox leading the team if Ben is gone for any length of time.  Big Ben has never been asked to do that much.

472677[/snapback]

He's playing REALLY well though this season, and after watching a few Steelers games is a huge part of that team. People used to say Brady was overrated, and it was the system, But he just kept winning and Big Ben is doing the same thing.

As for Maddox he didn't even come in when Ben got hurt, Batch did. So who knows what the deal is With Maddox right now.

As for Maddox he didn't even come in when Ben got hurt,  Batch did. So who knows what the deal is With Maddox right now.

472684[/snapback]

They said Maddox sustained a leg injury on Friday.

It may just be hyperextended.  Here's to hoping.

Marty Schottenheimer may be the worst big game coach in NFL history.

472680[/snapback]

It did have the motion of a hyperextension, but I just thought it stretched a little past that. I would say the best case scenario is 5 weeks.

Calf injury sustained in practice.  Probably hurt while helping Ben put on his jock.

CBatch ought to be a #2 somewhere.  Hard to believe he's banging around as a three.

472688[/snapback]

Batch could probably do a decent job in relief here and there but if he's counted on for any length of time that would severely hinder Pittsburgh's offense. The way Pittsburgh plays they need a guy that is careful with the ball, which is one of Batch's biggest flaws.

Marty Schottenheimer may be the worst big game coach in NFL history.

That's the 3rd 4thqrtr lead they've blown this year already!

CBatch ought to be a #2 somewhere. Hard to believe he's banging around as a three.

I can only guess he's happy living in his hometown, making good scratch and playing for a team that's always in the hunt. If Roethlisberger is gone, I think he's a better option than TurnoverTommy. At least until one of the poor sumbitch's legs goes pop.

And for what it's worth my buddy is a professional trainer and was over watching the game. It took a while to finally pin him down but his guess was best case 2-4weeks, worst case torn ACL. When forced into a reluctant guess he was leaning toward a season-ending tear.

As solid as I think Batch is, this is tough on the Stillers. I thought Roethlisberger was very overrated last year but I think his game has improved dramatically in his second year as a starter. Getting another QB on the roster to play that well is not going to be easy for them.

And for what it's worth my buddy is a professional trainer and was over watching the game. It took a while to finally pin him down but his guess was best case 2-4weeks, worst case torn ACL. When forced into a reluctant guess he was leaning toward a season-ending tear.

As solid as I think Batch is, this is tough on the Stillers. I thought Roethlisberger was very overrated last year but I think his game has improved dramatically in his second year as a starter. Getting another QB on the roster to play that well is not going to be easy for them.

472700[/snapback]

I'm not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night. On a fuzzy TV, my diagnosis is 4-6 weeks.

I, for one, certainly don't think their season is doomed. They way too much talent on that team. Both sides of the line are already playoff calibur and nothing has really changed that. Except they lost their emotional leader which could be huge but I doubt they're ready to fold with so much on the line now.

Except they lost their emotional leader which could be huge

Ben is becoming an excellent QB, but to call him the emotional leader on a team that is sporting the likes of Bettis, HinesWard, Joey Porter, Alan Faneca, James Farrior, Jeff Hartings and Casey Hampton might be a bit of an overstatement.

Link ? I cringed when I saw that hit - he was planting his leg just as a defender fell helmet first on the knee (Ouch !).

472864[/snapback]

That happened to Kelly in the 7-9 season against the Vikings. Kelly had his full weight on his left knee and somebody put their helmet into it.

Kelly tore two knee ligaments if I recall and was out for the season.

I didn't think it looked all that bad. Didn't really hyperextend too much, just kinda locked up. Obviously that's a moot point if he is out for 6 weeks, but I have seen much worse.

Also, the Charger was knocked over and fell forward right as Ben was stepping into a throw. Thankfully it was not an intentional knee shot- that would be tough for Steelers fans to take.

After watching Bills-Fins, anyone get the feeling we are nowhere near the top teams in the NFL? Either of those teams would have slaughtered the Bills last night.