Arnold Schwarzenegger says possible vote in spring

The question was popped (Half time)  and they were talking about by 2009 having a team,  AS said of a possible vote by this Spring......

A team move or do you think they will give LA a team?

472590[/snapback]

Maybe the Bills will finally tire of taxes, WGR55, and Jerry Sullivan

I know WGR and Sullivan pray that wont happen- they wont find other jobs

The question was popped (Half time)  and they were talking about by 2009 having a team,  AS said of a possible vote by this Spring......

472590[/snapback]

Move, or you'd have to create two new teams for parity. Who else out there wants or can support a team?

Move, or you'd have to create two new teams for parity. Who else out there wants or can support a team?

472597[/snapback]

LA can't, it's been proven how many times?? Too many people from other states. Whenever the Bills came out here we outnumbered the Raider fans every time.

LA can't, it's been proven how many times??  Too many people from other states.  Whenever the Bills came out here we outnumbered the Raider fans every time.

472602[/snapback]

I don't know. The NFL gave Houston (a lousy sports town) another NFL team pretty quickly.

I don't know.  The NFL gave Houston (a lousy sports town) another NFL team pretty quickly.

472658[/snapback]

Been there many times, and I've lived near there- its a great sports town- one that doesnt have phony media people ripping their team

LA can't, it's been proven how many times??  Too many people from other states.  Whenever the Bills came out here we outnumbered the Raider fans every time.

472602[/snapback]

Hmmm-

Not my recollection of the Bill's games I attended in the Coliseum. I'd go so far as to say no more than 3 or 4% Bill's fans. But then my memory has always been challenged by my beverage appetite ;-)

Been there many times, and I've lived near there- its a great sports town- one that doesnt have phony media people ripping their team

472663[/snapback]

I'm with you- I found HTown an above average sports town with good fans. Throwing a few back with Big Earl and Joe Niekro are some of my favorite "sports" memories.

Yeah all those people watching the Astros after 18 innings really translates into a lousy sports town.   :pirate:

472661[/snapback]

Can you say front runners? I didn't say the teams were bad, just the fans are front runners...

When it comes to the NFL, that is what they have been. The lustre of the Texans is wearing off already...Houston did not deserve another NFL franchise, particularly considering how quickly they got one....

Can you say front runners?  I didn't say the teams were bad, just the fans are front runners...

472728[/snapback]

Since leaving WNY I've lived in Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle, Houston and southern Florida. I've spent the last 20 years in an AWFUL sports town (L.A.)

If we had an 18 inning game at Dodger Stadium, or especially at the Ed, there would be people leaving the parking lot during the 10th trying to get out beeping at those so stupid they were just arriving assuming the time on the ticket was Eastern Time Zone.

Can you say front runners?  I didn't say the teams were bad, just the fans are front runners...

When it comes to the NFL, that is what they have been.  The lustre of the Texans is wearing off already...Houston did not deserve another NFL franchise, particularly considering how quickly they got one....

472728[/snapback]

I wa sin Buffalo Sunday, and saw plenty of front runners there too!

I still think the Saints will be the most likely candidate to move. There were problems before and unfortunately, Katrina may have been the last straw.

472609[/snapback]

The Saints have already taken Katrina as an excuse to move to their new hometown. They just haven't made it official :pirate:

472590[/snapback]

No question it would be a team move and not a new team. All divisions and conferences are equal in size. Adding a team would throw that out of whack.

NO is a possibility (Katrina increased that possibility). What about the Cardinals? San Diego was mentioned.

The NFL wants a team in LA, regardless of whether it is feasible from a fan perspective. They want the TV market.

I still think the Saints will be the most likely candidate to move. There were problems before and unfortunately, Katrina may have been the last straw.

472609[/snapback]

San Antonio wanted a team for the longest time, but there's no way the Saints go there with L.A. standing by. S.A. showed what they were made of when the Bills game had 13,000 seats left on the Thursday before the game. (Granted, if I was a casual fan, Bills-Saints would not be the game I would go to either.)

I don't think people in L.A. should be too excited; their current NFL team, USC, is better than most that would move there.

No question it would be a team move and not a new team. All divisions and conferences are equal in size. Adding a team would throw that out of whack.

What about the Cardinals?

472848[/snapback]

I agree it better be a move and not a new team...as for the Cards, they have a new stadium being built and are hosting the Super Bowl in a few years, so they are gonna be in arizona for a good while yet...

NO is a possibility (Katrina increased that possibility). What about the Cardinals? San Diego was mentioned.

The NFL wants a team in LA, regardless of whether it is feasible from a fan perspective. They want the TV market.

472848[/snapback]

I don't care who it is. I'm just tired of them showing every fricken Raiders game as if they still played here regardless of who they're playing.