My Free Time Goes To Hell Tomorrow

PTS

I have already sent a certified letter to my girlfriend, family, friends and clients that they shouldn't expect to hear from me in the coming days. Undoubtedly, all my free time will be indulged in the greatest game ever invented, part III.

SOCOM III comes out tomorrow for PS2. It's bigger, better and more incredible than the first two. I can't fathom that.

I've never had a video game or anything for that matter (girlfriend included) that is just as enjoyable years later as it was when you first bought it.

Anyone else taking the pludge tomorrow, or am I the only dork?

And before it starts ... NO the US Seals uniforms won't be blue and gold. Ha ha ha, it ain't as funny if I make fun of myself first bastards! :rolleyes:

I've never had a video game or anything for that matter (girlfriend included) that is just as enjoyable years later as it was when you first bought it.

472168[/snapback]

Do you have to blow your girlfriends up after you buy them or do you get the foam-filled ones? :rolleyes:

I saw it's coming out on PSP on Nov 8. I've played many shooters on XBOX, Ghost Recon 2 and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 being my current favorites, but I'm curious to see what all of this SOCOM buzz is about. I no longer have my PS2 but I may pick it up for PSP when it's released and check it out.

Let us know what you think of it - provided you can pull yourself away long enough to log on to TSW. :)

I went to 4 different locations, Gamestop, EB Games, Circuit City, and Best Buy and got the same answer from all, the game comes out tommorow (the 12th)?? WTF?? :doh:

Anyone get this same answer, or did I just get screwed out of a perfectly good Tuesday afternoon of SOCOM III?

I did pay for it today, so I can pick up my copy after work tommorow, but dammit, the anticipation is killing me.

I went to 4 different locations, Gamestop, EB Games, Circuit City, and Best Buy and got the same answer from all, the game comes out tommorow (the 12th)?? WTF??  :doh:

Anyone get this same answer, or did I just get screwed out of a perfectly good Tuesday afternoon of SOCOM III?

I did pay for it today, so I can pick up my copy after work tommorow, but dammit, the anticipation is killing me.

473345[/snapback]

Same here in Buffalo, some places like MediaPlay say they won't get it until Friday. Best Buy said they expect it in sometime today.

I went to 4 different locations, Gamestop, EB Games, Circuit City, and Best Buy and got the same answer from all, the game comes out tommorow (the 12th)?? WTF??  :doh:

473345[/snapback]

The release date is technically the ship date - EB got into some trouble a while back with several publishers because some employees were "leaking" games to friends and family before their release. At least that's according to a guy who works at my local EB when I asked him about the day after availability.

I know there's a lot of buzz about this game, so you might want to swing by EB or Gamestop and plunk down $5 to have them hold it for you. Especially since you won't be able to pick it up until after work. Around here, the popular games are usually sold out by the time the kids get out of school if I don't reserve them.

The release date is technically the ship date - EB got into some trouble a while back with several publishers because some employees were "leaking" games to friends and family before their release.  At least that's according to a guy who works at my local EB when I asked him about the day after availability.

I know there's a lot of buzz about this game, so you might want to swing by EB or Gamestop and plunk down $5 to have them hold it for you.  Especially since you won't be able to pick it up until after work.  Around here, the popular games are usually sold out by the time the kids get out of school if I don't reserve them.

473430[/snapback]

I just paid in full today to reserve the game tomorrow at GameStop. The manager said that the game probably won't even make it to the shelves until the weekend unless they get an extra shipment right away. He said he doubled his reserves for the game today alone.

The game ships out of Dallas then to Syracuse before hitting Rochester and Buffalo. Syracuse should have it available tonight, Rochester might and only places like Walmart might have it available at midnight in Buffalo.

The release date is technically the ship date - EB got into some trouble a while back with several publishers because some employees were "leaking" games to friends and family before their release.  At least that's according to a guy who works at my local EB when I asked him about the day after availability.

I know there's a lot of buzz about this game, so you might want to swing by EB or Gamestop and plunk down $5 to have them hold it for you.  Especially since you won't be able to pick it up until after work.  Around here, the popular games are usually sold out by the time the kids get out of school if I don't reserve them.

473430[/snapback]

I'm a step ahead of you, I paid full price for it today, so my reciept is in hand. Also, My daily work shift is 4:00am-12:00pm, so i'm out of work before schools let out! ;):doh:

I'm a step ahead of you, I paid full price for it today, so my reciept is in hand. Also, My daily work shift is 4:00am-12:00pm, so i'm out of work before schools let out!  :lol:  :doh:

473466[/snapback]

Awesome. You and Clutch will have to post reviews - but we'll wait until your thumbs need a break. ;)