Mularky on NFL Network in a minute

Fezmid

What did Holcomb's experience mean to the team?

"Rallied around him. Looking for something to give not only the offense, but the entire team a spark." "Took pressure off of JPL." "Made some third downs, that's important."

How do you get JPL on the field if KH keeps playing well?

"Talked to both of them individually, and the team Wednesday, the reason we're 1-3 was not all QB. We havn't played well as a team. JP is a big part of the future of the team and we will work him in there at the right time, and that may be this week, I'm not putting a deadline on it. Any decisions we're making right now are for the team and winning games. We felt last week was a chance to take pressure off of JPL to see if KH could spark the offense."

How did JPL take it?

"Disappointed, as any player would be. We've made a change twice during a game, and throughout all of these situations, he has handled himself extremely well. Our team recognizes that he has not gone into the tank because of it, he's shown me more leadership because of it, and he understand that we took a step back last week, not in a negative way, but he can watch KH from the sidelines and learn from his experience."

Does it work in your favor to not name a starter?

"You have to look at their strengths. JPL is young, has some running ability, scrambles, 3rd downs making plays. KH has experience as a backup, as a starter, in the playoffs, you have a guy who has experience over athletic ability, so opponents have to gameplan differently."

Division win, another division game this week, what does winning these mean?

"It was a big game obviously. We lost 3, so had to find a way to win it. Big game at home, big rivalry, important for our team to get a little momentum. We're a game out, another game against the Jets this weekend, and we need a confidence builder so we can get something rolling, and hopefully this was the week to do it."

How did the D do without TKO? Are they getting used to playing without him?

"Yeah, Angelo has played well. No serious dropoff at that posistion, the players trust him and know he's capable of playing the position. He's shown it, and as time goes on, the more experience he gets, the better he'll be."

Nothing earth shattering.

Afterwards, the announcers said that the Bills aren't rebuilding, almost made the playoffs last year, and KH needs to stay in there as long as they're winning and JPL needs to learn by watching.

CW

What did Holcomb's experience mean to the team?

"Rallied around him.  Looking for something to give not only the offense, but the entire team a spark."  "Took pressure off of JPL."  "Made some third downs, that's important."

How do you get JPL on the field if KH keeps playing well?

"Talked to both of them individually, and the team Wednesday, the reason we're 1-3 was not all QB.  We havn't played well as a team.  JP is a big part of the future of the team and we will work him in there at the right time, and that may be this week, I'm not putting a deadline on it.  Any decisions we're making right now are for the team and winning games.  We felt last week was a chance to take pressure off of JPL to see if KH could spark the offense."

How did JPL take it?

"Disappointed, as any player would be.  We've made a change twice during a game, and throughout all of these situations, he has handled himself extremely well.  Our team recognizes that he has not gone into the tank because of it, he's shown me more leadership because of it, and he understand that we took a step back last week, not in a negative way, but he can watch KH from the sidelines and learn from his experience."

Does it work in your favor to not name a starter?

"You have to look at their strengths.  JPL is young, has some running ability, scrambles, 3rd downs making plays.  KH has experience as a backup, as a starter, in the playoffs, you have a guy who has experience over athletic ability, so opponents have to gameplan differently."

Division win, another division game this week, what does winning these mean?

"It was a big game obviously.  We lost 3, so had to find a way to win it.  Big game at home, big rivalry, important for our team to get a little momentum.  We're a game out, another game against the Jets this weekend, and we need a confidence builder so we can get something rolling, and hopefully this was the week to do it."

How did the D do without TKO?  Are they getting used to playing without him?

"Yeah, Angelo has played well.  No serious dropoff at that posistion, the players trust him and know he's capable of playing the position.  He's shown it, and as time goes on, the more experience he gets, the better he'll be."

Nothing earth shattering.

Afterwards, the announcers said that the Bills aren't rebuilding, almost made the playoffs last year, and KH needs to stay in there as long as they're winning and JPL needs to learn by watching.

CW

472015[/snapback]

Thanks for the post. However, MM said that Angelo did a good job. I have read some posts that have said that Angelo isn't really doing a good job. Which one is it?

Thanks for the post.  However, MM said that Angelo did a good job.  I have read some posts that have said that Angelo isn't really doing a good job.  Which one is it?

472018[/snapback]

MM also said we were running more than passing last week. Yet as we all know that was a lie. He also said JP was playing great. Yet he wasn't putting up 100 yards a game or completing 50% of his passes. What is the coach supposed to say? ;)

Thanks for the post.  However, MM said that Angelo did a good job.  I have read some posts that have said that Angelo isn't really doing a good job.  Which one is it?

472018[/snapback]

Thanks Fez.

BB2004, personally I'd say he's filling in fairly well. He ought not to book his tickets to Hawaii (ie, ProBowl), but he seemed like he did 'OK' yesterday. I beg to differ with MM's assesment though. Taking out a player like TKO and replacing him with Crowell is a serious dropoff in talent, although I'd never expect MM to blast his backup LB that way.

Thanks Fez.

Taking out a player like TKO and replacing him with Crowell is a serious dropoff in talent, although I'd never expect MM to blast his backup LB that way.

472028[/snapback]

He is the starting LB now...The coach is not going to bring down the young

kids confidence by criticizing his play in the media..