Why Peter King deserves a dopeslap

Just finished reading his MMQB column

MMQB Oct. 10

He seems like a nice guy, but King can be predictably annoying. Here's why he should get a smack this week:

1. Leads column with obligatory tongue bath of Brett Farve.

2. Names Titans RB Jarrett Payton the offensive player of the week. His stats: 8 carries, 11 yards, 1 TD.

3. Says how wonderful it is to visit Lambeau Field, and then bitches about air travel. (Flying is part of your job. Deal with it or get another.)

4. Notes that Bledsoe was clutch yesterday, but fails to admit he said last year that Drew was finished and a dinosaur.

5. Offers his weekly fanboy comments about the Red Sox. Who cares!?!

Ah well, could have been worse. He could have wasted space on field hockey talk and kissing up to Peyton Manning and Bill Belicheck.

So, basically, Golden Wheels, you still have a bitter taste in your mouth from yesterday's game. Me too, I enjoyed the win, but disappointed at all of the missed opportunities. 20-14 was not enough. For me, 38-10 is what I was hoping for. That would have made me feel much better.

Does he have a major H-on for GB or what??? Even Madden isn't that shameless....

471858[/snapback]

He does....and the other think I can't stand his constant praise for

Chris Simms. King is a big buddy of Phil Simms and right from the day he

was drafted he has been trying to put a case for him....The guy can't even

start on his own team....

I guess you never heard of him ball wash Dallas in the mid 90's.  And even after when they became mediocre.

472738[/snapback]

Not to mention the obligatory Patsies J-bar stroking in recent times. :doh:

I suppose you have to forgive him for that -- just like Thurman's Helmet and Hollywood Donahue he's a Boston homer these days. Does that doesn't forgive his season-to-season lubing of whatever team happens to be good? ;)

So, basically, Golden Wheels, you still have a bitter taste in your mouth from yesterday's game.  Me too, I enjoyed the win, but disappointed at all of the missed opportunities.  20-14 was not enough. For me, 38-10 is what I was hoping for.  That would have made me feel much better.

471856[/snapback]

????? :doh:

Not to mention the obligatory Patsies J-bar stroking in recent times.  :blink:

I suppose you have to forgive him for that -- just like Thurman's Helmet and Hollywood Donahue he's a Boston homer these days. Does that doesn't forgive his season-to-season lubing of whatever team happens to be good?  :lol:

473233[/snapback]

PK=TBone