Walt Coleman - Mr. Referee

Was this the first game in collective memory where he hasn't totally screwed the Bills somewhere along the line? Sure put it to the Dolfins, though. 18 penalties and could have been more. Is the league finally taking some pity? That would not have been the same game without them.

Were they legit penalties?

471519[/snapback]

Yes, they were. Half of them seemed to be offsides!

He did miss some though (including the holding on one of the Dolphins' TDs), but they missed some on us as well (including a bear hug against one of the Dolphins defensive players).

CW

Is he the one that got smacked pretty good by Vincent, was it?

That RTP penalty late in the game was BS.... Same with some in the past few weeks (there was one vs. Vick that was legit). May be reactionary b/c of JG's aggressiveness/attack strategy. Just to show him. They probably would've called them earlier and more frequently if the DL were able to get to GF.

Were they legit penalties?

471519[/snapback]

There was an unsportsmanlike penalty for taunting after a Fish TD that was marginal (I saw worse on ESPN replays with no flag), but I figured that was to repay the NON-call when Holcomb scrambled, slid, and took a club to the facemask. I want to see that on tape to see if was a obvious as it looked to the fans.

I would like to think some of the offsides were helped by a loud 12th man. My voice is gone today. :D

but I figured that was to repay the NON-call when Holcomb scrambled, slid, and took a club to the facemask. I want to see that on tape to see if was a obvious as it looked to the fans.

471528[/snapback]

He was banged pretty hard, head bounced off the turf too. Im surprised it wasn't called, he had already slid and the defender went right for the head shot.

Was this the first game in collective memory where he hasn't totally screwed the Bills somewhere along the line? Sure put it to the Dolfins, though. 18 penalties and could have been more. Is the league finally taking some pity? That would not have been the same game without them.

471517[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It seems as though every big play in the past was destined to be called back. The only big penalty I can remember was on WM's run. Our receivers DO need to quit grabbing cloth down field. Once McGahee breaks the line of scrimmage, he is going to win one-on-one with a f'ing DB!!!

471527[/snapback]

nope...vincent ran into the head linesman

this sympathy doesn't help...unless they're going to do it for us patriot style and hand us the lombardi trophy also

Every time I see him the words "just give it to them" flash through my mind. It may have been discussed elsewhere, but wow - how many first and fives and outright first downs did the Bills get, and how many crappy situations did the fins find themselves in over penalties?

Every time I see him the words "just give it to them" flash through my mind. It may have been discussed elsewhere, but wow - how many first and fives and outright first downs did the Bills get, and how many crappy situations did the fins find themselves in over penalties?

471537[/snapback]

Miami hasn't had a game without double digit penalties this season. Their reputation preceded them. Refs read the newspapers too.

Once McGahee breaks the line of scrimmage, he is going to win one-on-one with a f'ing DB!!!

471533[/snapback]

I dunno. For all of his big break-away highlight reel runs at the U, Willis hasn't broken any like that here. Kind of disappointing, b/c behind this line, he hasn't shown to be much more than a guy who has a lot of 1-4 yard runs. There was one against the Falcons where EM had a nice block, but Willis got tackled by his biggest nemesis --- the Turf Monster.

471537[/snapback]

I believe it was 6 first downs given to the Bills on penalties, if the counters in the chat room were accurate.

I believe it was 6 first downs given to the Bills on penalties, if the counters in the chat room were accurate.

471545[/snapback]

I remember the first two first downs the Dolphins got were results of penelties on us as well.

We had six first downs by penalty, they had two first downs by penalty.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/teamstats/NFL_20051009_MIA@BUF

We fumbled the ball 5 times (and lost 1)??? Wow...

CW

He was banged pretty hard, head bounced off the turf too. Im surprised it wasn't called, he had already slid and the defender went right for the head shot.

I saw the first 3 drives of the game and 1/2 of the Dols' 2nd drive, and saw the refs throw a ridiculous PF when a Bills defender literally put his hand on the helmet of Gus, without making any impact whatsoever (i.e. Gus' head didn't snap back). And the play was behind the zebra.

I saw the first 3 drives of the game and 1/2 of the Dols' 2nd drive, and saw the refs throw a ridiculous PF when a Bills defender literally put his hand on the helmet of Gus, without making any impact whatsoever (i.e. Gus' head didn't snap back).  And the play was behind the zebra.

471570[/snapback]

It's not ridiculous - if you touch the QB on the head, the refs can throw a flag.

CW

471527[/snapback]

The guy Vincent hammered was the Head Linesman, Ron Phares. Coleman would have been in the middle of the field behind the QB on that play.