Thrilled we won

Every off-season we pass on quality offensive lineman and every draft we pass on any offensive lineman prior to round 4. We rationalize it by saying it was cost effective to not sign that big name player, or we just forget about ignoring the o-line each draft as we drool over our exciting new skilled position player.

If TD does not make a serious effort to upgrade the depth and starting talent of this line in the off-season I will start an ICE like crusade against old whitey. Each and every year TD says he likes the talent we have, and thinks we can gel into a good unit, and each and every year we find out he's wrong when it's too late to do anything about it.

Were supposed to be road graders, yet we can't on run the football on 3rd and 4th and short, or run when we need to protect the lead. Since we have nothing but "road graders" we don't pass block well, a despite what was once popular opinion it has nothing to do with the quarterback.

Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, and Kelly Holcomb all running for their life. Now Drew in Dallas looks like his first 8 games he had with the Bills, and having watched most the games it's because he is being protected. I don't want him back, but my point is no quarterback would succeed when faced with the pressure the Bills allow, especially a green QB like JP.

I'm thrilled we won today, and I know this issue gets plenty of attention on the wall already. But just like in years past this team will hit an improvement wall, and no matter how well the other areas do we simply won't be good enough overcome our lack of depth and talent across the line.

We need to keep a few of the more talented starters to have some cohesiveness, downgrade the others to 2nd string to add depth, and bring in a couple quality FA’s and high draft choices. Either that or continue to pretend like its a solid unit only to have it hold us back like a 90 pound weight is strapped to our collective johnson’s.

Every off-season we pass on quality offensive lineman and every draft we pass on any offensive lineman prior to round 4. We rationalize it by saying it was cost effective to not sign that big name player, or we just forget about ignoring the o-line each draft as we drool over our exciting new skilled position player.

If TD does not make a serious effort to upgrade the depth and starting talent of this line in the off-season I will start an ICE like crusade against old whitey. Each and every year TD says he likes the talent we have, and thinks we can gel into a good unit, and each and every year we find out he's wrong when it's too late to do anything about it.

Were supposed to be road graders, yet we can't on run the football on 3rd and 4th and short, or run when we need to protect the lead.  Since we have nothing but "road graders" we don't pass block well, a despite what was once popular opinion it has nothing to do with the quarterback.

Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, and Kelly Holcomb all running for their life. Now Drew in Dallas looks like his first 8 games he had with the Bills, and having watched most the games it's because he is being protected. I don't want him back, but my point is no quarterback would succeed when faced with the pressure the Bills allow, especially a green QB like JP.

I'm thrilled we won today, and I know this issue gets plenty of attention on the wall already. But just like in years past this team will hit an improvement wall, and no matter how well the other areas do we simply won't be good enough overcome our lack of depth and talent across the line.

We need to keep a few of the more talented starters to have some cohesiveness, downgrade the others to 2nd string to add depth, and bring in a couple quality FA’s and high draft choices.  Either that or continue to pretend like its a solid unit only to have it hold us back like a 90 pound weight is strapped to our collective johnson’s.

470907[/snapback]

oh come now. the bills were really banged up today, missing their starting right side (and the two most talented players on the line). plus, gandy was obviously hurt (elbow) but gutted it out. any team that injured would have problems. they won, though, beating a good team.

oh come now. the bills were really banged up today, missing their starting right side (and the two most talented players on the line). plus, gandy was obviously hurt (elbow) but gutted it out.  any team that injured would have problems.  they won, though, beating a good team.

470944[/snapback]

I know we have some injuries, but when Greg Jerman is your backup to an often injured player then what’s that say about our depth? The guy won't even be in the league in two years for crying out loud.

What more evidence do we need?

Drew is lighting it up in Dallas with solid protection, indecisive or not a scrambling QB like JP still gets killed, Holcomb gets killed, we hardly ever convert on 3rd and 4th and short, the list goes on.

We suck up front, and have for a long time. TD's answer is using 2 draft picks in the top 3 rounds over the course of all his drafts, and bringing in journeyman offensive lineman.

I'm just sick of seeing this crap year after year.

me too. TD truly deserved the benefit of the doubt for the first few years, because he was basically stuck with an expansion team. but think that by this time we should have both starters and backups capable of converting on first and goal from the one yard line! there is no friggin excuse for that, and it's not like today's the only time it's happened! it seems like every week, we're making somebody else's defense look like the !@#$ing steel curtain on a critical short yardage play. i am with you- completely sick of it!

oh come now. the bills were really banged up today, missing their starting right side (and the two most talented players on the line). plus, gandy was obviously hurt (elbow) but gutted it out.  any team that injured would have problems.  they won, though, beating a good team.

470944[/snapback]

I don't know if the Dolphins are "good" but yeah, I didn't expect much from a makeshift OL vs. a decent defense.

I was more discouraged by the non-existent push from our DL against a crappy OL.

Each and every year TD says he likes the talent we have, and thinks we can gel into a good unit, and each and every year we find out he's wrong when it's too late to do anything about it.

470907[/snapback]

speak for yourself......i've been railing on TD for the last two off-seasons for this specific reason and taken a beating on this wall for it........the bills will not go anywhere until the stop settling for "second-rate" players and spend money on quality........

exampe -- bennie anderson is a waste...we could have had a quality guard in that spot but TD didn't want to spend the dollars to get it done.....bargain price = second-rate player......

speak for yourself......i've been railing on TD for the last two off-seasons for this specific reason and taken a beating on this wall for it........the bills will not go anywhere until the stop settling for "second-rate" players and spend money on quality........

exampe -- bennie anderson is a waste...we could have had a quality guard in that spot but TD didn't want to spend the dollars to get it done.....bargain price = bargain player......

471097[/snapback]

I certainly posted on it in the past, but like I said a crusade will start if we don't address this issue. It's a damn travesty what we have invested in the line compared to what we invested in other positions.

Drew's lack of mobility was the excuse last year, now you throw in a 4.6 guy in JP and nothing changes. When you have a huge line built for the ground game and you can't even do that well you know you have problems.

I certainly posted on it in the past, but like I said a crusade will start if we don't address this issue. It's a damn travesty what we have invested in the line compared to what we invested in other positions.

Drew's lack of mobility was the excuse last year, now you throw in a 4.6 guy in JP and nothing changes. When you have a huge line built for the ground game and you can't even do that well you know you have problems.

471108[/snapback]

i've got news for you - there's not one damn team in the league that goes 2 deep in terms of quality reserve offensive linemen. start checking some other nfl rosters and you'll see what i mean.

i've got news for you - there's not one damn team in the league that goes 2 deep in terms of quality reserve offensive linemen. start checking some other nfl rosters and you'll see what i mean.

471207[/snapback]

I never said I expect us to go two deep across the board, but having 1 backup guard and tackle that is a proven fill in is not going overboard.

Preston seems like a serviceable G for the time being, and will probably start at C next year. But given how fragile the Tackle situation was to begin with I would have expected the Bills to have a serviceable back Tackle.