Some interesting tidbits from Pro Football Weekly

JoeF

PFW Whispers

There is more than a little concern over the cornea problem in Falcons WR Peerless Price’s right eye, which has required him to wear a visor this season. Although Price claims he isn’t worried about the injury — he could go blind if he were poked in the eye — we hear the Falcons are concerned about what might happen should he suffer a big blow to the head.

Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray believes underrated DE Aaron Schobel can be among the AFC’s leaders in sacks this season. “He did it last year, and I think he missed three or four more sacks because he was going so hard. To me, I think that’s what he should be shooting for every year, trying to get around that 14, 15, 16 range. Mainly because in order to be All-Pro, you’re going to have to do that, because you’ve got some good players he’s going against, like Jason Taylor. In order to unseat those guys from the Pro Bowl, you’re going to have to get that many sacks.”

The other two bills related ones are kind of in the "well, duh" category--Milloy's injury billsfanone Travis Brown's roster spot and Ritzmann beat out McKenzie and Gildon to earn his roster spot.

PFW Whispers

To me, I think that’s what he should be shooting for every year, trying to get around that 14, 15, 16 range. Mainly because in order to be All-Pro, you’re going to have to do that, because you’ve got some good players he’s going against, like Jason Taylor. In order to unseat those guys from the Pro Bowl, you’re going to have to get that many sacks.”

34032[/snapback]

I don't like this statement. A player should never be worried about individual stats for pro bowl consideration. See Nate Clements week one going for a pick when he should've batted the ball down. That's stevestojan... :huh:

PFW Whispers

There is more than a little concern over the cornea problem in Falcons WR Peerless Price’s right eye, which has required him to wear a visor this season. Although Price claims he isn’t worried about the injury — he could go blind if he were poked in the eye — we hear the Falcons are concerned about what might happen should he suffer a big blow to the head.

Bills defensive coordinator Jerry Gray believes underrated DE Aaron Schobel can be among the AFC’s leaders in sacks this season. “He did it last year, and I think he missed three or four more sacks because he was going so hard. To me, I think that’s what he should be shooting for every year, trying to get around that 14, 15, 16 range. Mainly because in order to be All-Pro, you’re going to have to do that, because you’ve got some good players he’s going against, like Jason Taylor. In order to unseat those guys from the Pro Bowl, you’re going to have to get that many sacks.”

34032[/snapback]

Everyone blamed PPs poor season to him not having Vick at QB most of the year. Now we really know why.

I would appreciate the AS comments more if they came from an opposing coach and not one from his own team. I think he can be amongst the sack leaders, but I want to hear other teams say that.

I don't like this statement. A player should never be worried about individual stats for pro bowl consideration. See Nate Clements week one going for a pick when he should've batted the ball down. That's stevestojan... :huh:

34046[/snapback]

USMC--I think Jerry Gray said this not AS. I think its okay for a coach to praise and try to build up individuals on his D.

USMC--I think Jerry Gray said this not AS.  I think its okay for a coach to praise and try to build up individuals on his D.

34066[/snapback]

I see what you're saying but he's still putting that in the back of his head. I just think that players should be motivated to go all out for the good of the team and not individual glory. I guess that's just the team concept that we use in the Marines coming out in me. It's just my opinion.

Why are they whispering ?  They don't wish to tell Peerless he may be a cyclops ?

34073[/snapback]

They heard when one sense fails others compensate..they were testing that theory with the whole sight/hearing thing...

You are a cruel man... <_<:ph34r: