Why now?

pope zimli

Let's see what a decision to change qbs before the first division game gives us. Holcombe wasn't anybody's idea of a savior (or a starting qb for that matter) two weeks ago and is in there because Losman played badly (not as badly as some have made out) in two games. Holcombe is in for the season barring an appallingly bad game today, and Losman, if he comes back, is coming back to an offensive that is on the verge of losing faith in him. Boy I hope Holcombe plays very well today! The alternative is just not acceptable.

Personally, Losman is one smart cookie. I almost think this was HIS idea.

This will be Clements thrid new starting QB in two years. Two of those QBs had same identical results. People have been calling Losman out and saying he is the problem the Bills are not winning. TD is already using that as an excuse for his inability to put anything more than a paper tiger together.

Losman is playing the head games right back. It is becoming obvious the offensive "system" is offensive, it stinkes. The guy at the controls, game planning, and play calling clearly doesn't know what he is doing. Three strikes and your out.

Losman will not be the excuse this time around. TD picked one smart cookie and it will be his down fall. Almost like Bill Cowher except this time it is at the QB position.

I love this kid. Losman will become a great player, but maybe never in Buffalo. Not with Tom Clements and Donahoe calling the shots.

I think the whole benched QB mentality is far overrated. The simple fact is this team sucks, and a QB change is a quick catalyst for a spark. Will it work? We'll find out in 10 minutes. If holcomb sucks running the same plays, then we'll pretty much know that its MM and TC's fault... Say hello to the new offensive coordinator after the bye week: sam wyche. If holcomb is successful today, then it can be a combination of things, which i won't get into because they're too obvious to mention... However, running the same lame plays out of the 2 TE I-set and wondering why things don't go well will get you fired if you're on the coaching staff.

It's only early in the 3rd quarter, but I am truely amazed. I honestly believe Kelly Holcomb has been changing most of Clement's plays at the LOS.

THAT is what a veteran QB brings, he's not scared of the OC and will make the right calls.

It's just too bad that they aren't giving Losman the opportunity to learn how to do this. But, they are winning right now.

Let's see what a decision to change qbs before the first division game gives us.  Holcombe wasn't anybody's idea of a savior (or a starting qb for that matter) two weeks ago and is in there because Losman played badly (not as badly as some have made out) in two games.  Holcombe is in for the season barring an appallingly bad game today, and Losman, if he comes back, is coming back to an offensive that is on the verge of losing faith in him. Boy I hope Holcombe plays very well today!  The alternative is just not acceptable.

470401[/snapback]

This is the reason behind the change: ask yourself 2 questions.

1. Are we rebuilding this year and stick with JP so he can learn?

OR

2. Are we playing for the playoffs?

See how simple it is. :doh:

Once we have been removed from contention, I really think JP should start to get his reps in. God knows he needs as many as he can get before next year.

This is the reason behind the change:  ask yourself 2 questions.

1.  Are we rebuilding this year and stick with JP so he can learn?

OR

2.  Are we playing for the playoffs?

See how simple it is.    :D

Once we have been removed from contention, I really think JP should start to get his reps in.  God knows he needs as many as he can get before next year.

470935[/snapback]

Good point. I guess it is very clear that Kelly Holcombe played far better than I expected. Actually the team played better than I expected. Moulds was a factor (great third down catch there at the end, EM.). The whole team looked good today.

This is the reason behind the change:  ask yourself 2 questions.

1.  Are we rebuilding this year and stick with JP so he can learn?

OR

2.  Are we playing for the playoffs?

See how simple it is.    :D

Once we have been removed from contention, I really think JP should start to get his reps in.  God knows he needs as many as he can get before next year.

470935[/snapback]

Great strategy. It really worked to The Bills' advantage last year.