im getting geared up for some fish gutting

Johnny

Why limit yourself - get the HD TiVo unit :D  They're practically giving them away these days.

471038[/snapback]

That's what I have.....Fezmid has one too, I believe. It's a thing of beauty :doh:

Why limit yourself - get the HD TiVo unit :doh:  They're practically giving them away these days.

471038[/snapback]

No offense, I hope you are having good luck w/ yours, but they are crappy units. The menus are unbearably slow and I believe their DVI?HDMI ports are notorious for failing.

Right now, I want to get into the OTA HD as inexpensively as I can and wait for a solid unit to come out.

No offense, I hope you are having good luck w/ yours, but they are crappy units.  The menus are unbearably slow and I believe their DVI?HDMI ports are notorious for failing.

Right now, I want to get into the OTA HD as inexpensively as I can and wait for a solid unit to come out.

471064[/snapback]

You have any kind of audio system goin' on at your place?

6.1 Mirage Omnisat system with an Aperion 12" sub.  Sounds very nice and they are aesthetically pleasing too.

471106[/snapback]

Nice! I love Mirage....one of those Canadian speaker manufacturers that offer amazing value and a solid product.

Nice!  I love Mirage....one of those Canadian speaker manufacturers that offer amazing value and a solid product.

471111[/snapback]

I like 'em. They give me enough sound, but also have enough style to keep them in the family room w/o upsetting the wife.

I still need that HD receiver though... :D

I like 'em.  They give me enough sound, but also have enough style to keep them in the family room w/o upsetting the wife.

I still need that HD receiver though...  :D

471122[/snapback]

Yeah, those should give you some real nice sound....Mirage speakers were some of the first "real" speakers I ever heard. They definitely make quality gear.

HT is my favorite hobby, but I don't think I have any good advice with regard to the HD receiver. I wasn't sure what I was goign to do when I first got my RPTV, but I did price some set top receivers a couple years ago. I just ended up going with the box from my cable company (Charter/Comcast).....it was like an extra $10 a month for the DVR/HD box. It is a little on the slow side, but so far it's worked out really well.

You might try checking the classifieds at www.hometheaterforum.com That's my favorite HT forum, and they have an ample listing section.