coughlin kept faith

Johnny

sounds like that guy read all my posts over the past week and put together an article........oh well it wasnt copy righted.........doubt losman slept much and is probably staring at the ceiling right now.........what a drag

sounds like that guy read all my posts over the past week and put together an article........oh well it wasnt copy righted.........doubt losman slept much and is probably staring at the ceiling right now.........what a drag

470302[/snapback]

Ya Coughlin kept faith by not even trying to start Manning....but the veteran Kurt Warner did not deliver so he 'found faith' in Manning.

Also in NY Chad Pennington never started a single game until year 3...and when he came in he did very well - so apparently QB's can do get better year to year by grasping the playbook and getting numerous reps in training camps and preseason.

If Holcomb does not win these 2 home games he will be back on the bench and we will truly be in a build for next year mode and JP will be right back in there.

Hoever if we win these next 2 games we are 3-3 and likely at the top of what appears nw a pretty weak division.

I like JP a lot..and feel the real problem is the play calling of Clements who calls a game requiring a Qb to win the game rather than a RB....as long as he continues to do that then lets put a veteran in there.

Ya Coughlin kept faith by not even trying to start Manning....but the veteran Kurt Warner did not deliver so he 'found faith' in Manning.

Also in NY Chad Pennington never started a single game until year 3...and when he came in he did very well  - so apparently QB's can do get better year to year by grasping the playbook and getting numerous reps in training camps and preseason.

If Holcomb does not win these 2 home games he will be back on the bench and we will truly be in a build for next year mode and JP will be right back in there.

Hoever if we win these next 2 games we are 3-3 and likely at the top of what appears nw a pretty weak division.

I like JP a lot..and feel the real problem is the play calling of Clements who calls a game requiring a Qb to win the game rather than a RB....as long as he continues to do that then lets put a veteran in there.

470305[/snapback]

Warner still had them in playoff contention when manning was introduced, coughlins plan was 8 games.......

...if Losmans not in already tomorrow due to injury i think you might as well sit him till kc's defense comes to town cause you should be dealing with a fragile psyche ...

try and put him in a spot for success or the best chance of something positive happening....

.if he doesnt play tomorrow and holcomb has concussions just stick matthews in there for the jets raiders and patriots

Warner still had them in playoff contention when manning was introduced, coughlins plan was 8 games.......

...if Losmans not in already tomorrow due to injury i think you might as well sit him till kc's defense comes to town cause you should be dealing with a fragile psyche ...

try and put him in a spot for success or the best chance of something positive happening....

.if he doesnt play tomorrow and holcomb has concussions just stick matthews in there for the jets raiders and patriots

470310[/snapback]

These guys (JP) are not China dolls....if he cannot get over a sitting down then we have more problems than we thought....I don't think it will matter one bit to this kid...if anything it will fire him up at his next opportunity.

We both agree to 'protect' him when JP goes back in...but you wish to avoid certain opponents...I wish to do it by not asking him to pass the ball 32 times/ game...which was the pace against the Saints...

These guys (JP) are not China dolls....if he cannot get over a sitting down then we have more problems than we thought....I don't think it will matter one bit to this kid...if anything it will fire him up at his next opportunity.

We both agree to 'protect' him when JP goes back in...but you wish to avoid certain opponents...I wish to do it by not asking him to pass the ball 32 times/ game...which was the pace against the Saints...

470317[/snapback]

china doll maybe not but the position is the most important on the field and most glorified or blamed depending on winning or losing and confidence is what every successful one has

when you get pulled when your team is down by less than a touchdown a light has to go off that they arent believing in you

when youre the talk of every tv radio et all ......you can be alot more than a china doll and feel the pressure

this is the nfl not the nhl or wwf ffsakes

china doll maybe not but the position is the most important on the field and most glorified or blamed depending on winning or losing and confidence is what every successful one has

when you get pulled when your team is down by less than a touchdown a light has to go off that they arent believing in you

when youre the talk of every tv radio et all ......you can be alot more than a china doll and feel the pressure

this is the nfl not the nhl or wwf ffsakes

470319[/snapback]

I'm a big JP fan...and actually liked the progress I was seeing....but there was too HUGE a disconnect between what any 1st year starter could do and what Tom Clements was asking him to do....

Clements did not protect JP...he blatantly exposed JP with his play calling...that is the fly in the ointment !!!...but also does not appear to be changing

But deciding to go to Holcomb now is not a crazy decision...we were getting 75 yards/game out of the QB.....any objective observer would say make a change....either play calling or player

Manning had 8 starts last year....JP this year already has 4...and likely gets close to 8 as well unless Holcomb puts us on a playoff run (and yes if we go 9-7 and make the playoffs and get beat 1st round..its worth it...because it gives 52 other players the experience of playing a playoff game..and even a backup qb can benefit from seeing how it all picks up)

I'm a big JP fan...and actually liked the progress I was seeing....but there was too HUGE a disconnect between what any 1st year starter could do and what Tom Clements was asking him to do....

Clements did not protect JP...he blatantly exposed JP with his play calling...that is the fly in the ointment !!!...but also does not appear to be changing

But deciding to go to Holcomb now is not a crazy decision...we were getting 75 yards/game out of the QB.....any objective observer would say make a change....either play calling or player

Manning had 8 starts last year....JP this year already has 4...and likely gets close to 8 as well unless Holcomb puts us on a playoff run (and yes if we go 9-7 and make the playoffs and get beat 1st round..its worth it...because it gives 52 other players the experience of playing a playoff game..and even a backup qb can benefit from seeing how it all picks up)

470327[/snapback]

i agree it's not crazy if you want to make the playoffs, there's no time to waste start winning now....kelly holcomb is your best option

from what they have vested in jp and the naming of him as the starter with a closed competion at the position, didnt they commit to his development and werent they aware by doing so that they probably were conceding playoff possibilites?

stick with him and #7 is the best quarterback on the roster by year end.......pull him now and kelly holcomb is still your best quarterback going into the offseason

from what they have vested in jp and the naming of him as the starter with a closed competion at the position, didnt they commit to his development and werent they aware by doing so that they probably were conceding playoff possibilites?

470328[/snapback]

Isn't it possible, after 4 games, that JP is a lot more raw than even they anticipated? Give them credit for recognizing it.

Any coach/GM who concedes a season, at the expense of the development of one player shold get fired. Benching JP after 3 pretty awful games makes perfect sense. He played an okay first game, and has been pretty bad ever since. The next four games will likely determine if Buffalo has any shot at the playoffs in 2005. If they win less than 3 of 4, chances are, yes, it is over. Then JP has a whole second half of the season to develop.

I honestly think, if Holcomb can play well enough to move the chains a little more than they have the last three weeks, the defense will look a lot better. I can't honestly fathom why everyone seems so upset about this move. It was completely logical. You can't write off a season after four weeks. The Bills record is bad, but not as bad as it could be, in terms of the games they have lost. This team needs to start winning. Winning tends to take care of a lot of things....

JP has some potential. He will be fine....

Isn't it possible, after 4 games, that JP is a lot more raw than even they anticipated? Give them credit for recognizing it.

Any coach/GM who concedes a season, at the expense of the development of one player shold get fired.  Benching JP after 3 pretty awful games makes perfect sense.  He played an okay first game, and has been pretty bad ever since.  The next four games will likely determine if Buffalo has any shot at the playoffs in 2005.  If they win less than 3 of 4, chances are, yes, it is over.  Then JP has a whole second half of the season to develop. 

I honestly think, if Holcomb can play well enough to move the chains a little more than they have the last three weeks, the defense will look a lot better.  I can't honestly fathom why everyone seems so upset about this move.  It was completely logical.  You can't write off a season after four weeks.  The Bills record is bad, but not as bad as it could be, in terms of the games they have lost.  This team needs to start winning.  Winning tends to take care of a lot of things....

JP has some potential.  He will be fine....

470404[/snapback]

go bills.........its about an hour till kickoff........i'm done with it, but you wont convince me, he started the first quarter with a touchdown and who knows what happens if he got to start the 4th quarter and the carry over it would bring.............we'd have to go back to the future with docs delorean