Holcomb big improvement

jreed82

I have been observing the arguments for and against the switch at QB and both sides have some valid points.

Kelly Holcomb will greatly improve our third down conversions. He is a smart QB with a quick trigger. He will dump it off to the open TE, RB, or slot man as long as we can keep the third down distance respectable.

It's been mentioned several times that Holcomb has been unable to spark the team when inserted. Remember two things....He didn't have a week to prepare and the run/pass balance was not there by the time he got in the game.

If we lean on our running game and get into third and short's, Holcomb will keep long drives alive and you will see a better defensive effort. All three components feed off each other, you will see it this weekend. BUFFALO 27 MIAMI 17

Kelly Holcomb will greatly improve our third down conversions.  He is a smart QB with a quick trigger.  He will dump it off to the open TE, RB, or slot man as long as we can keep the third down distance respectable.

470011[/snapback]

Wait a minute... didn't we get rid of our TE's? (Or do you mean Jason Peters?)

I hope we also play our defense that is better on 3rd down this week.

Thanks for your thoughtful post and optimism.

I have been observing the arguments for and against the switch at QB and both sides have some valid points. 

Kelly Holcomb will greatly improve our third down conversions.  He is a smart QB with a quick trigger.  He will dump it off to the open TE, RB, or slot man as long as we can keep the third down distance respectable.

It's been mentioned several times that Holcomb has been unable to spark the team when inserted.  Remember two things....He didn't have a week to prepare and the run/pass balance was not there by the time he got in the game. 

If we lean on our running game and get into third and short's, Holcomb will keep long drives alive and you will see a better defensive effort.  All three components feed off each other, you will see it this weekend.  BUFFALO 27 MIAMI 17

470011[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you. Basically Holcomb is a professional QB with a career 63% completion percentage. Hopefully in 15 years you can say that JP had a much better career than KH, but right now he's not really an NFL caliber QB. Look for a big improvement tomorrow.