Can someone tell me what the Clinton Adm did

Or did I miss it? Also, could someone tell be what the Republican congress did to destroy social security, as the Democrats said they would do?

While you are at it, could someone tell me how President Bush "raised" monthly Medicare contributions 17%, since a law passed in 1994 and signed by President Clinton mandated the increases through time?

Anyone?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Or did I miss it? Also, could someone tell be what the Republican congress did to destroy social security, as the Democrats said they would do?

While you are at it, could someone tell me how President Bush "raised" monthly Medicare contributions 17%, since a law passed in 1994 and signed by President Clinton mandated the increases through time?

Anyone?

33956[/snapback]

It is BOTH parties trying to do the same old and tired PATHETIC job of running the country. It is not a party issue; it's a CONGRESSIONAL issue. If it wasn't, it would have been fixed from 1980-1988, or from 1992-2000!!!!

It is BOTH parties trying to do the same old and tired PATHETIC job of running the country. It is not a party issue; it's a CONGRESSIONAL issue. If it wasn't, it would have been fixed from 1980-1988, or from 1992-2000!!!!

34340[/snapback]

Except both parties realize they can't fix it (it would cost too much money/would piss off way too many of their big contributors) so they just point the finger back and forth at one another.

The founding father's vision of a Republican form of government was that the citizens would elect experts in government to make the best decisions for the nation as a whole. A Republican form of government was to be established because of the distrust of citizens making the decisions. That's why a democracy was not established. A democracy, as any political theorist will tell you is a negative form of government where the leaders do what their supporters want them to.