Will a win restore sanity to this board?

Just curious. How many wins in a row to eat some crow? I'll say 4.

I'll even throw in some humor to stir things up:

Nate, I think Donahoe has sealed your fate,

And now you make excellent bait.

You will be our Peerless Price of 06, Reeling in a #1 pick.

Tom is in a jam for letting Pat walk, And laughing out loud to the Corey Simon talk.

Bye, bye Nate it's been real, but know it's time to make a deal.

Go to the Vikings they have plenty of bucks,

And bring us a DT that hits like a truck.

And what about the teams on the other end of the scale -- those with a losing record as the NFL enters Week 5? Recent history proves that the race is far -- far -- from over.

Take a look at the past five seasons. In every year, there has been at least one team with a losing record through four weeks of the season that finished as division champion, with one winning the Super Bowl:

It Ain't Over Yet!

Season Team(s) Week 4 Season's End

2000 New Orleans 1-3 Division champ

2001 New England 1-3 Division/Super Bowl champ

2002 Atlanta 1-2 Made playoffs

NY Jets 1-3 Division champ

Pittsburgh 1-2 Division champ

Tennessee 1-3 Division champ

2003 Philadelphia 1-2 Division champ

2004 Green Bay 1-3 Division champ

So here comes Week 5, with chances to keep things going.

i like your thinking and optimism, but to me personally, wins this week and next will not mean squat unless they are "convincing" wins in which the offense plays at a much higher level under holcomb.

i'm on record that i believe mularkey has panicked and i don't like the QB switch. i don't believe these bills are playoff-caliber; therefore, JP should be allowed to play out the season so we can determine whether or not he is the future.

if the bills go on a fantastic run i will be as happy as anyone and glad to gobble down a healthy serving of crow -- i'm a bills' fan first and foremost, and i'm dying to see my team in the postseason again. at this point, however, i strongly disagree with the direction management has taken.

i like your thinking and optimism, but to me personally, wins this week and next will not mean squat unless they are "convincing" wins in which the offense plays at a much higher level under holcomb.

i'm on record that i believe mularkey has panicked and i don't like the QB switch.  i don't believe these bills are playoff-caliber; therefore, JP should be allowed to play out the season so we can determine whether or not he is the future.

if the bills go on a fantastic run i will be as happy as anyone and glad to gobble down a healthy serving of crow -- i'm a bills' fan first and foremost, and i'm dying to see my team in the postseason again.  at this point, however, i strongly disagree with the direction management has taken.

469910[/snapback]

Believe me I was high on the J.P. bandwagon, and I believe he has more raw talant than anyone Buffalo has put behind center in a long time. But something that worries me now

looking back in pre- season is the fact he never threw long. Why? Saving it for the season... not from what I have seen. If he could not hit Moulds or Evans in stride then, he damn sure can't do it when the real heat is on. Why would you start someone then?

Let's just see what happens Sunay, and back who ever is behind center.

Believe me I was high on the J.P. bandwagon, and I believe he has more raw talant than anyone Buffalo has put behind center in a long time. But something that worries me now

looking back in pre- season is the fact he never threw long. Why? Saving it for  the season... not from what I have seen. If he could not hit Moulds or Evans in stride then, he damn sure can't do it when the real heat is on. Why would you start someone then?

Let's just see what happens Sunay, and back who ever is behind center.

469912[/snapback]

my opinions on this topic have nothing to do with whether or not i "like" JP or am on his bandwagon. i simply want him to have the opportunity to play so we see whether or not he improves as he gets more playing time. you have only to look at eli manning and carson palmer to see that young QBs often look like crap for a period of time before the switch goes on and they "get it."

furthermore, i disagree with those who still believe the bills are playoff-quality, based upon what i've seen so far. i may as well be from missouri, because from now on i'm saying "show me" before i'll jump on anyone's bandwagon.

The edge on my anger and frustration has come off a little this week. Say what you want about which QB should start, the development of JP, how holcomb is a career backup, etc. at least the bills are trying to do something to create a spark. This is reason to not be so angry. Also, honestly, the anger has let off a lot because of the buffalo sabres. they're 2-0 and cause a fairly decent distraction to all the crap going on at OBD. Plus, its miami week. IF we squish the fish, all will be forgotten and forgiven.

The edge on my anger and frustration has come off a little this week.  Say what you want about which QB should start, the development of JP, how holcomb is a career backup, etc.  at least the bills are trying to do something to create a spark.  This is reason to not be so angry.  Also, honestly, the anger has let off a lot because of the buffalo sabres.  they're 2-0 and cause a fairly decent distraction to all the crap going on at OBD.  Plus, its miami week.  IF we squish the fish, all will be forgotten and forgiven.

469922[/snapback]

Amen. Like 35-7, then all is forgotten.

Bills somehow win tommorrow and it will be all "Holcomb is the savior", "Bills will make the playoffs", "Bills turned it around again", "Bills will start a streak", "Bills are on a roll" and so on. The insanity will never end around here, if it were diagnosed as a whole it would be considered Bi-Polar and put on medication.

Bills somehow win tommorrow and it will be all "Holcomb is the savior", "Bills will make the playoffs", "Bills turned it around again", "Bills will start a streak", "Bills are on a roll" and so on. The insanity will never end around here, if it were diagnosed as a whole it would be considered Bi-Polar and put on medication.

470002[/snapback]

I would expect to see that even if the Bills win 7-0 on a special teams TD... :flirt: (which is how I hope the game will turn out if the coaches do nothing to address the real problems on offense before Sunday).

Shock therapy would not restore therapy to this board (though there are some here I wouldn't mind "making a college try" at curing.. :blush: )

Shock therapy would not restore therapy to this board (though there are some here I wouldn't mind "making a college try" at curing..  :flirt: )

470005[/snapback]

Back-to-back wins against the fish and jests would be shock therapy enough! :blush: