QB Aside, Tim Anderson Steps Into The Spotlight

Mark VI

As a Buckeye fan, I watched Anderson play good football at Columbus. Can he provide an upgrade to the disappointing Edwards, who is now out for the year ? Edwards was easily pushed out of the way. We miss the Pat Williams of 3 years ago, not the one I saw the last 2 years. Can Anderson help seal the middle ?

Until we stop the run, the QB debate means little.

As a Buckeye fan, I watched Anderson play good football at Columbus. Can he provide an upgrade to the disappointing Edwards, who is now out for the year ? Edwards was easily pushed out of the way. We miss the Pat Williams of 3 years ago, not the one I saw the last 2 years. Can Anderson help seal the middle ?

469566[/snapback]

He will be one of the guys I will be paying extra attention to.

469566[/snapback]

I was impressed with Anderson's play last week, I think he will upgrade the run defense. My concern, is the depth behind Sam & Tim. If Bannan or Sape see a lot of snaps, we could be in big trouble.

I was impressed with Anderson's play last week, I think he will upgrade the run defense. My concern, is the depth behind Sam & Tim. If Bannan or Sape see a lot of snaps, we could be in big trouble.

469592[/snapback]

I would duck for cover if I was you. May God have mercy on your soul.

:flirt:

This could be a nice turn of events if Anderson really can make a difference stopping the run. I just hope DT's do not need the same learning curve that OL or QB's need.

469566[/snapback]

Looked good last week- his team stopped MaGahee pretty well a few years back!! :flirt:

This could be a nice turn of events if Anderson really can make a difference stopping the run.  I just hope DT's do not need the same learning curve that OL or QB's need.

469611[/snapback]

I've read that DT is probably the easiest position to learn and to make the jump from college to pro, given that a player has the physical tools. Note that I said easiest, which is relative, not that it is easy.

Stopping the run is a big part of how teams become winners. Look at what Cadillac did; he was running all day and eventually the D breaks down. Takes a lot time off the clock and keeps our O off of the field. We must force 3rd and long, and then capitalize on it in ways we didn't vs. ATL. Good thing is we won't be playing against Ron Mexico this week.

I've read that DT is probably the easiest position to learn and to make the jump from college to pro, given that a player has the physical tools. Note that I said easiest, which is relative, not that it is easy.

Stopping the run is a big part of how teams become winners. Look at what Cadillac did; he was running all day and eventually the D breaks down. Takes a lot time off the clock and keeps our O off of the field. We must force 3rd and long, and then capitalize on it in ways we didn't vs. ATL. Good thing is we won't be playing against Ron Mexico this week.

469916[/snapback]

Time of posession is another part of how teams become winners. With some first downs on offense, our defense becomes better.

I haven't seen anything from any of the defense since the first game. Especially the D-line. The backups looked especially terrible.

469858[/snapback]

Right on. There is no one that can stop the run up front. We have one legitemate tackle-another reason I am P-OD about our off-season. Letting someone walk is o.k IF you have someone to take his place. Preferably a real starter. When Big Ted left , we knew Pat could play- we watched "the package" shut down red zone drives. We watched Ted come out for a breather, and still have a force in the middle. Edwards is not that calliber player. Corey Simon is. We could have signed him, he came gift wrapped for the taking in pre-season.