From Lennys P inside Tip Sheet

plenzmd1

Thought some you guys would like to see this from his inside tip sheet.

Fired up in Buffalo: The aim was to light a fire under the team's moribund offense, not necessarily under its young and struggling quarterback. It remains to be seen whether the decision by Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey to bench second-year veteran and first-year starter J.P. Losman in favor of Kelly Holcomb will spark the offense.

But word is the demotion definitely has fired up Losman, the team's first-round pick in 2004. Losman didn't agree with being benched -- or with the stated rationale behind it (when he broke the news to the youngster, Mularkey suggested that the Miami Dolphins, this week's opponent, will blitz a lot) -- but there was no verbal confrontation between player and coach. Losman, though, is angry, and he is set to turn that anger into motivation. Said one Buffalo player who is close to Losman: "He's pretty [upset] and definitely fired up. Maybe he can turn it into a positive, you know? The whole idea here to have [Losman] just kind of 'manage' the game, not take many chances and play things safe, that isn't his makeup. He's an emotional guy, and now his emotions are stoking him some. He can come back stronger from this."

Continued...

Thought some you guys would like to see this from his inside tip sheet.

Fired up in Buffalo: The aim was to light a fire under the team's moribund offense, not necessarily under its young and struggling quarterback. It remains to be seen whether the decision by Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey to bench second-year veteran and first-year starter J.P. Losman in favor of Kelly Holcomb will spark the offense.

But word is the demotion definitely has fired up Losman, the team's first-round pick in 2004. Losman didn't agree with being benched -- or with the stated rationale behind it (when he broke the news to the youngster, Mularkey suggested that the Miami Dolphins, this week's opponent, will blitz a lot) -- but there was no verbal confrontation between player and coach. Losman, though, is angry, and he is set to turn that anger into motivation. Said one Buffalo player who is close to Losman: "He's pretty [upset] and definitely fired up. Maybe he can turn it into a positive, you know? The whole idea here to have [Losman] just kind of 'manage' the game, not take many chances and play things safe, that isn't his makeup. He's an emotional guy, and now his emotions are stoking him some. He can come back stronger from this."

Continued...

469292[/snapback]

I agree with the benching. I also agree that we have seen Losman exhibit very little of the game that was supposed to make him an upgrade to Bledsoe. His mobility has not been utilized, nor his live arm, for the most part. However, it seems like the coaches have hardly called a game asking him to "just manage" the game. If they had, Willis McGahee would be carrying the ball a bit more. I think that this benching, long or short term (we don't know that yet) will help Losman in the long run...this is one of those bumps in the road that everyone said they knew would happen, but are now having such a tough time accepting. JP will be fine.....

Continued...

469292[/snapback]

and???

I honestly don't care who qb's the bills, as long as they win. I'm not JP's mother, so i could give two craps about his "development"... I care about the "development" of some W's.

So, you didn't see the multiple 1st downs that Losman got by his feet during the 1st drive last week?  :flirt:

469433[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw those. I know JP has had a couple of nice runs. I was talking more about the way the passing game seems to be designed for him. It is that age old issue, it seems, where you have an offense calling for a mobile, athletic guy to be a drop back passer. Why not let him roll out more?

He alledgedly excells at rolling out and throwing accuarately on the run. We just haven't seen much of it. Guys like Favre, McNabb, Elway, Young and Culpepper all started out that way. It allowed them to make some plays, have some success, and in the process, they learned to read defenses just fine (except maybe Culpepper!). I know coaches and fans hate to see this type of stuff, because of the injury possibility, but it has worked with other QB's.

It almost seems like JP is a little handcuffed at the moment. I have been as irritated by his play as anyone, but he just simply does not look comfortable, nor does he seem ready to run the kind of offense that Clements seems to have intended for him. I guess I just mean, they need to let him play a little more "out of control". He is very raw still.