In the 2006 draft

Frez

In this years 2006 draft I hope TD grabs some OL and DL in the first 5 picks. To me this is where the team needs the most help. We need impact big men to help this team. Damn it TD, forget the 5'7 175 pound players WE NEED BIG MEN!

Matt Bernstein has been blowing open holes for Wisconsin's ground game. Nasty streak and he is a mauler. Not sure where he'll be drafted, b/c a 1st is a lot for a FB, but if he drops to the 2nd I'd grab him. Having a guy liek him might help mitigate failings on the OL. Definitely should grab a LG or LT in the first tho. Will we? Who knows.

Shelton isn't the weakest link on the team, but he has been whiffing too much for comfort and is getting up there in age.

Bernstein won't be going in the 2nd. And if they draft a fb in the 2nd then TD should be fired on the spot.

agreed OL @ DL first 4-5 picks.

468913[/snapback]

Depends on the prognosticator. You can never really tell with FBs, but he is the best out there, and probably the best in the past several years. 2nd or 3rd might not be a stretch.

I think FB is a stand-along with the OL, besides the obvious differences, physical and tactical. Both have essentially the same job when they're at the LOS; running plays, they're opening holes, passing plays (if they're in) they're usually back to protect the QB.

It helps that this draft may have a very weak group of WRs, unless guys like Ted Ginn come out early.  If they do, I fully expect another wideout to be our first round pick.  Again.

468883[/snapback]

The Bills might do well to talk with the B'gals. They are loaded at WR, and 3rd year man Kelley Washington from Tenn is the odd man out. He dropped to the 3rd round in '03 (injury and attitude concerns - all since resolved).