Sabres and DirecTV

When I sat down to watch the first Sabres game in two years the other night and found that my wonderful dish system was the ONLY one in WNY not carrying the game I was none too happy.

I called DirectTV (1-800-DirecTV) and let them know that if they didn't have an agreement with MSG in place by tonight's game, I was switching companies.

I heard the WGR team telling people to do the same yeaterday (I've always been ahead of the curve :doh: )

If you are going to call, here is a piece of advice. The number leads to an automated hell of choices, all of which are designed NOT to lead to a human voice. Except one, that is. If you choose the option to cancel or suspend your service you are immediately transfered to a live person that you can vent your frustrations on.

Hope this helps.

Go Sabres!

It was blacked out everywhere here in WNY - even on the Center Ice channel.

468808[/snapback]

Well it was on in VA, and I watch most of the 2nd period. Actually watched it at a friends, had to leave and missed the 3rd. Wa watching baseball but decided the hockey game was more important and the Caps game was blocked locally on DTV, which he was pissed at. :doh:

I picked it up on the NY station, no problemo.  Remember games are blocked at times, on certain stations.

468801[/snapback]

VA, this is kind of an ongoing a$$ reaming we are getting as DirecTv customers here in Buffalo (and the rest of the State).

You were probably getting the Isles feed. No such luck for us.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=32091

If I didn't have Sunday Ticket already paid for I would have already left DTV over this. It is inexcusable. Dish, Adelphia and Time Warner already have a deal in place. The market price is set, but DTV refuses to make a deal. They stand to lose a lot of customers over this.