Eric Moulds vs J.P. Losman

djh

JP hit it off with all receivers (except one) going into camp.

For some reason, Moulds & JP claimed their timing wasn't quite there yet.

McGahee & others backed JP big time, Moulds not really.

A big mis-communication last game. Moulds cut his route short, JP didn't get the memo.....JP interception.

NOW....Moulds lets the cat out of the bag.

Does Moulds have something against JP?

It is possible. However, I recall Moulds being very supportive (at least verbally) of Losman all summer. I think people are way overreacting to this whole benching thing. I attended the Saints/Bills game this past Sunday, and sat fairly close to the Bills bench. It was very apparent, to me anyways, that Moulds, Evans and McGahee were not happy with the way things were going. Moulds, in particular, seemed very frustrated late in the game. I know that there is this bullsh*t going aroud now that Moulds "isn't helping JP enough", but that is total crap. I have never been the hugest Moulds fan, but they guy was running his ass off Sunday, and was so wide open on a number of plays, and JP just could not/did not see him. I saw similar things against the Falcons. As upset as people seem to be about this, they should keep in mind, a few competent plays by JP, and the Bills could easily be 3-1 right now. Isn't the development of guys like McGahee and Evans important too?

This season is only 4 games old, we are 1-0 in our conference, with 3 (beatable) divisonal games in the next 4 weeks this season is far from over. People who are so devastated by this move seem to have conceded this season already.

If, as the majority in Bills land seem to hope (so they can tell everyone else who said the same thing "I told you so"), Holcomb sucks, JP will get his starting job back for at least the second half of the season. I say, if the Bills beat the Dolphins Sunday, and then win two of the next three, Holcomb will hold on to the job until the Bills are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. If the Bills lose Sunday, and Holcomb can't muster a competent performance, Losman will be back in the drivers seat. Mularkey owes it to the fans (even though they don't seem to want it), and the rest of his team, to try to make something of this season. JP's day will come.

This may be the most absurd fan reaction in recent Bills history.

These guys want to win too.

Moulds also was very open about how the interception in the Saints game was JP's fault and not his. Even if Moulds was 100% correct, was it REALLY necessary to hang JP out to dry like that? Why not be a pro and keep your mouth shut about that? All the guys in the locker room would know who was at fault.

Be a leader dammit.

It is possible.  However, I recall Moulds being very supportive (at least verbally) of Losman all summer.  I think people are way overreacting to this whole benching thing.  I attended the Saints/Bills game this past Sunday, and sat fairly close to the Bills bench. It was very apparent, to me anyways, that Moulds, Evans and McGahee were not happy with the way things were going.  Moulds, in particular, seemed very frustrated late in the game.  I know that there is this bullsh*t going aroud now that Moulds "isn't helping JP enough", but that is total crap. I have never been the hugest Moulds fan, but they guy was running his ass off Sunday, and was so wide open on a number of plays, and JP just could not/did not see him.  I saw similar things against the Falcons.  As upset as people seem to be about this, they should keep in mind, a few competent plays by JP, and the Bills could easily be 3-1 right now.  Isn't the development of guys like McGahee and Evans important too? 

This season is only 4 games old, we are 1-0 in our conference, with 3 (beatable) divisonal games in the next 4 weeks this season is far from over.  People who are so devastated by this move seem to have conceded this season already. 

If, as the majority in Bills land seem to hope (so they can tell everyone else who said the same thing "I told you so"), Holcomb sucks, JP will get his starting job back for at least the second half of the season.  I say, if the Bills beat the Dolphins Sunday, and then win two of the next three, Holcomb will hold on to the job until the Bills are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.  If the Bills lose Sunday, and Holcomb can't muster a competent performance, Losman will be back in the drivers seat.  Mularkey owes it to the fans (even though they don't seem to want it), and the rest of his team, to try to make something of this season.  JP's day will come. 

This may be the most absurd fan reaction in recent Bills history. 

These guys want to win too.

468600[/snapback]

Well thought out, except for your comment that a majority hope Holcomb fails. That's just plain BS. A few have said that tongue in cheek, but nobody wants him to fail.

I too was at the game, and I didn't see Moulds running his azz off and JP missing him. I saw a QB who had no time to look for his #1 option half the time, much less his #s 2 or 3. I saw idiotic play calling and a poorly thought out strategy. On the pass to Moulds that was intercepted can you tell me what other options JP had? I don't remember anyone else running a route to give him an option. sh------- throw? Hell yes, but what happened to giving a QB options? What happened to cutting the field in half for an inexperienced QB? Give him a short, intermediate and long route on the same side of the field. What happened to establishing and exploiting the running game? What happend to the D turning the field position battle in our favor? What happened to the D coming up with a turnover or two? What happened to the D getting a stop when it mattered?

Moulds also was very open about how the interception in the Saints game was JP's fault and not his.  Even if Moulds was 100% correct, was it REALLY necessary to hang JP out to dry like that?  Why not be a pro and keep your mouth shut about that?  All the guys in the locker room would know who was at fault.

Be a leader dammit.

468660[/snapback]

I think you're right, but didn't JP blame Moulds first?

I don't know what the best course of action is WRT who should start at this point...

At this point in their careers, I would take to heart what Moulds says over JP any day. Moulds has taken pay cuts to be in Buffalo time after time. I am sure he will do the same again this off season. He is my favorite Bill and IMO he has every right to voice his displeasure with the way the offense has been regressing. He is a top notch receiver, who just wants to get his catches and win the games. If JP was lighting it up consistently, Moulds would probably be the first to be very vocal about how well JP was doing. He is a vocal player with alot of heart and is only saying what he believes. I really hope Kelly can find Moulds in the endzone this weekend on our way to squishing the fish. GO BILLS!!!!! :doh:

I too was at the game, and I didn't see Moulds running his azz off and JP missing him. I saw a QB who had no time to look for his #1 option half the time, much less his #s 2 or 3. I saw idiotic play calling and a poorly thought out strategy. On the pass to Moulds that was intercepted can you tell me what other options JP had? I don't remember anyone else running a route to give him an option. sh------- throw? Hell yes, but what happened to giving a QB options? What happened to cutting the field in half for an inexperienced QB? Give him a short, intermediate and long route on the same side of the field.

What he said.

:doh:

Moulds also was very open about how the interception in the Saints game was JP's fault and not his.  Even if Moulds was 100% correct, was it REALLY necessary to hang JP out to dry like that?  Why not be a pro and keep your mouth shut about that?  All the guys in the locker room would know who was at fault.

Be a leader dammit.

468660[/snapback]

Oh like JP did with Reed?

Maybe Reed was right and Moulds was just showing up the QB as payback.

Be a leader dammit.

468660[/snapback]

uh, losman said it was moulds' fault, as i recall ...

Well thought out, except for your comment that a majority hope Holcomb fails.  That's just plain BS.  A few have said that tongue in cheek, but nobody wants him to fail.

I too was at the game, and I didn't see Moulds running his azz off and JP missing him.  I saw a QB who had no time to look for his #1 option half the time, much less his #s 2 or 3.  I saw idiotic play calling and a poorly thought out strategy.  On the pass to Moulds that was intercepted can you tell me what other options JP had?  I don't remember anyone else running a route to give him an option.  sh------- throw?  Hell yes, but what happened to giving a QB options?  What happened to cutting the field in half for an inexperienced QB?  Give him a short, intermediate and long route on the same side of the field.  What happened to establishing and exploiting the running game?  What happend to the D turning the field position battle in our favor?  What happened to the D coming up with a turnover or two?  What happened to the D getting a stop when it mattered?

468696[/snapback]

There were at least two plays (maybe more) last Sunday, where JP had time to scan the field, and threw to the guy who was most covered. One was a very nice first down toss to Josh Reed on the sideline. As nice as it was though, Moulds was wide open to his right (for what would have been a sure touchdown had the pass been completed), and Jonathans Smith had broken free of his man, and had a good 5-10 yards on him, in the center of the field. While I agree that the offensive line leaves something to be desired, I think JP's slow reads are making them look worse than they are...if you have a tape of the Falcons game, you will see numerous times, JP just not seeing open players...

All the stuff about the D not doing its' job has some merit, as does establishing a running game. However, those are seperate issues. The fact is, there have been opportunities for JP to make plays, the last two weeks, but he hasn't recognized them. I think it is way off base, and completely irrational, to palce blame for JP's performances on everybody, but him. Some are way over exaggerating Moulds (under) performance now, because they are upset that Losman got benched. Get a grip people. JP has not been playing good football. I suspect he realizes that too. It doesn't mean that he never will. He needs experience. Should that experience come at the hands of 52 other players, and countless fans who haven't yet written off this season as yet another lost season? I say "hell no"!

Sorry if I offended by implying that most seem to be wishing Holcomb to fail, but the tone of yesterdays posts was one of "this is the end of the world", "Holcomb is awful", "Mularkey has ruined my life"...it was way beyond the usual hysteria on the wall....