A scary thought

The only logical reason I can see for replacing JP is they think JP is a bust who will never make it & their actions are the true indication of this. JP's biggest problem is accuracy. Here's a quote from (Pompei) The Sporting News' article on Joey Harrington, which in a lot of ways could have been written about JP if his bad play continued as long as Harrington's. " Accuracy generally doesn't improve a lot over time. Either a passer has it or he doesn't"

If the Bills management believes in this theory, then maybe this isn't a spark, but an admission that JP will never make it.

Before anyone goes into the "Young QBs need time" stuff, think about this: Players, QBs included are cut every year in preseason their rookie years. For the most part, unless a team thinks they can hide a player with potential on a practice squad, the team is saying that they've seen enough of the player to believe he can't make it in the NFL, or has less talent than the players at that position on the roster. Rookie QBs are cut all the time. Most, don't ever make it, confirming the 1st team's original opinion of the player after just a few months on the team. If NFL teams can cut rookie QBs, seldom cutting a future starter, it just isn't that tough to spot a bust. Now keep the guy around & see him in 4 NFL preseason games & 4 regular season games and maybe what he's doing is deemed unable to ever be corrected by management.

I hope I'm wrong, but the team's actions are that they have given up on JP. This is not just a benching, it is closer to a firing.

The only logical reason I can see for replacing JP is they think JP is a bust who will never make it & their actions are the true indication of this.

468261[/snapback]

Interestingly, the only logical reason I can see for benching JP is that he needs to step back, study, and learn. We have a chance to capture a share of first place in the division, so they're going with a player that, while perhaps not great, is a decent QB who will complete over 50% of his passes and throw for over 100 yards.

4 weeks into his first real season and you think he's been labeled a bust by anyone, much less by the Bills? Oh my.

JP did not get much quality time last year due to accidently being injured while wearing red "do not touch" jersey. Bills would not think he was ready last year and appear to realize he is not ready this year yet. JP can still get quality reps as #2 and Kelly be made aware his job is to get a lead for JP to hold and learn.

Teams will less be able to adjust to Losman as 2nd QB and a scrambler is usually a better plug in than as starter in many cases. It will allow line to solidify (Mike get better, Anderson to learn to play as a team more) or maybe bring someone in who can pass block.

Too much book cramming and not enough practice being in pocket for JP.