Last year's late season run hurts this year

I very much enjoyed the Bills late season success and near playoff record which led to great expectations for 2005.

However, there was one consequence: JP didn't get any playing time when the season "was over." A bunch of "no pressure, get a few starts and hit the ground running" games. Palmer, Manning and others had them, and none of those teams had real playoff expectations the next year.

I did expect JP to do better this year, but I also think this three game losing streak is a collective team hangover from last season's run. A crash down to earth that has led to panic and despair because the expectations were out of whack.

That said, I'm disappointed that TD and Mulkarky have hit the panic button that gives the impression that JP is the problem. I think I'm one of the few who really like TD and MM; but the high, unrealistic (hindsight) expectations are leading them-- IMO -- to the wrong LONG TERM decision.

At this point I'd rather go 5-11 with JP this year and take the chance that he's good enough to lead the team with Palmer/manning like seasons next year. I fear they are just putting off the inevitable poor JP games and not doing what it takes to compensate elsewhere.

The possible big disaster is for the Bills to lose anyway with Holcomb. What do they do then?

The possible big disaster is for the Bills to lose anyway with Holcomb.  What do they do then?

468259[/snapback]

The madness continues!

When will these damn NFL coaches come to their senses and realize that the development of their 7-10 draft picks every year should be more important than winning games, and the other 42 guys on the roster! :doh: Will they never learn!