Just a hunch......

sven233

JP comes trotting out as the starter on Sunday.  I could definately see that happening.

Don't get me wrong, it really looks like Holcomb right now, but just don't be surprised to see JP.  That's all........

467214[/snapback]

I suppose it is possible. Everyone is confirming KH as the starter except for the team. None of us have the Top Secret Security Clearance to discuss the issue with Mularkey. If he thinks he's being sneaky by forcing the Dolphins to prepare for two QB's, he's an idiot. Especially when Miami is coming off a bye week, and has probably already reviewed every possible scenario for this game. Starting KH wouldn't surprise them, since he played the whole 4th quarter last week. :D

All the signs are pointing to Holcomb. JP has had a conference call with the opposing team's beat writers the first four weeks, and this week, the Bills send Troy Vincent. Also, no Wednesday at the podium with the Bills writers for JP.

I say there's at the most a 20% chance JP starts.

I suppose it is possible.  Everyone is confirming KH as the starter except for the team.  None of us have the Top Secret Security Clearance to discuss the issue with Mularkey.  If he thinks he's being sneaky by forcing the Dolphins to prepare for two QB's, he's an idiot.  Especially when Miami is coming off a bye week, and has probably already reviewed every possible scenario for this game.  Starting KH wouldn't surprise them, since he played the whole 4th quarter last week.  :D

All the signs are pointing to Holcomb.  JP has had a conference call with the opposing team's beat writers the first four weeks, and this week, the Bills send Troy Vincent.  Also, no Wednesday at the podium with the Bills writers for JP.

I say there's at the most a 20% chance JP starts.

467276[/snapback]

if he does then tom donahoe reads the wall :D

Yes, I'm sure you and your myopic ilk would be devastated.

467270[/snapback]

Your myopic ilk is playing like billy joe hobert. But we should totally keep him in there. JP is the future, right joe? JP has proved he deserves playing time. I'll always have a special place in my heart for that one touchdown that he threw. Or the way he led us down the field with a minute left against the bucs. Holcombs starting this week big guy. Deal with it.

Personally, I'd be fine with JP starting if they'd just commit to giving Willis the damn ball 40 times no matter what! The damn coaching staff is more to blame for JP's struggles than JP is.....friggin bullsh*t.

Your myopic ilk is playing like billy joe hobert. But we should totally keep him in there. JP is the future, right joe? JP has proved he deserves playing time. I'll always have a special place in my heart for that one touchdown that he threw. Or the way he led us down the field with a minute left against the bucs. Holcombs starting this week big guy. Deal with it.

467282[/snapback]

Hey, maybe you can accept yet another bandaid at the QB position, Lou.

Not me, big guy.

Hey, maybe you can accept yet another bandaid at the QB position, Lou.

Not me, big guy.

467294[/snapback]

We are 1-3 right now. Damn right I can accept a bandaid at the QB position, at least for a one week tryout. If we win this weekend, maybe he gets another start next week. If not, then put JP back in. This isnt hard to figure out. The coaches think (as well as a lot of players, i'm sure) that Kelly gives us the best chance to win this weekend. Period.

We are 1-3 right now. Damn right I can accept a bandaid at the QB position, at least for a one week tryout. If we win this weekend, maybe he gets another start next week. If not, then put JP back in. This isnt hard to figure out. The coaches think (as well as a lot of players, i'm sure) that Kelly gives us the best chance to win this weekend. Period.

467317[/snapback]

And to what avail?

What POINT is there to winning 6 games rather than two, 8 games rather than 6?

There IS NONE!

Long term there is NO chance that Kelly Holcomb will lead this team anywhere. Period.

JP comes trotting out as the starter on Sunday.  I could definately see that happening.

Don't get me wrong, it really looks like Holcomb right now, but just don't be surprised to see JP.  That's all........

467214[/snapback]

I heard he will be wearing the old blue and gold too. Oh sorry, wrong thread.

467214[/snapback]

I've only skimmed over a few the posts and daily articles, so forgive me if I've missed something, but from what I'm hearing from TD and Co., they realize JP's going to take his lumps and are going to stick with him. I haven't heard anything official from One Bills Drive to indicate that anyone other than JP will be starting.

In the column (linked here), http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8927130 , the quotes from TD sure make it sound as if he still has confidence in JP and that he WILL be the starter. He even cites examples of Elway, Peyton Manning, and the up and coming Eli Manning as examples of QBs who have struggled early on.

Few QBs are immediate sensations when they first break into the NFL. Marino, Brady, and Big Ben are rare exceptions to this trend.

If JP hasn't settled down and shown some improvement by this time next year, maybe then I'll be concerned, though he still may be a couple Septembers away from being seasoned pro. But geez, the guy has started only 4 NFL games. He did well in preseason and his first outing and has had some struggles in the following three games. There've been some dubious calls from upstairs, which haven't helped the situation. The key is that he learns from mistakes and corrects them. This was the undoing of Rob Johnson. He kept making the same bone-headed mistakes and never looked any better 5 years into his NFL career.

I know everyone is impatient for success after getting teased last season with playoff possibilities. It's been a long off-season with high hopes, but now it's time for a dose of reality.

There are going to be a few more bumps in the road before it gets consistently better. Until then, I expect we'll have some games to cheer about, and a few that got away.

The AFC East is wide open right now, with no clear cut front runner. It's not out of the question that the Bills could get a playoff berth with a 9-7 or even 8-8 record if they can get their wins within the division.

Hey, it's football season. Still better than reading the draft guides.

And to what avail?

There IS NONE!

Long term there is NO chance that Kelly Holcomb will lead this team anywhere. Period.

467321[/snapback]

Good points JSP - But remember winning puts arsess the seats. Apparently that is all this organization cares about.

And to what avail?

There IS NONE!

467321[/snapback]

Let me ask you this: Say holcomb starts and leads us to the playoffs. We get beat in the wild card. Do you consider this season a failure then? The NFL is about winning right now. It's not about rebuilding. You do what you have to do to win NOW. We've been rebuilding for six years it seems like. I want to see wins now, at any cost. I say screw JP Losman this year if holcomb is playing well and winning games. Thats an easy choice. If Holcomb sucks, and he might, then put JP back in.

I haven't heard anything official from One Bills Drive to indicate that anyone other than JP will be starting.

467329[/snapback]

This is all over JP missing a couple of media sessions. People are knocking themselves out over who gets to call Mularkey an idiot first. Who knows? Perhaps he could still end up being an idiot when this is over, but I still have not heard anything that amounts to confirmation on who the quarterback will be. The last I heard officially was last Sunday, when Mularkey said JP was still the starter.

Honestly, after listening to the radio for two days and reading this board, I don't blame Mularkey for not wanting to make any comments on this.

Also, if there is a QB change, history tells me that I can not be positive that it was Mularkey's call.

This is all over JP missing a couple of media sessions.  People are knocking themselves out over who gets to call Mularkey an idiot first. Who knows? Perhaps he could still end up being an idiot when this is over, but I still have not heard anything that amounts to confirmation on who the quarterback will be.  The last I heard officially was last Sunday, when Mularkey said JP was still the starter. 

Honestly, after listening to the radio for two days and reading this board, I don't blame Mularkey for not wanting to make any comments on this.

Also, if there is a QB change, history tells me that I can not be positive that it was Mularkey's call.

467344[/snapback]

But Pastabelli said so! It has to be true! They said ESPN confirmed! They've never been wrong before!

Lots of speculation, but my "gut" agrees with Sven...well, either it agrees with Sven or it's just hungry. Let me have lunch and get back to you....

Seriously, I'm not putting money on the line here but I think JP starts. He may only be given a half to "show" some sign of a "spark," but I think he starts.

But Pastabelli said so!  It has to be true!  They said ESPN confirmed!  They've never been wrong before!

Lots of speculation, but my "gut" agrees with Sven...well, either it agrees with Sven or it's just hungry.  Let me have lunch and get back to you....

Seriously, I'm not putting money on the line here but I think JP starts.  He may only be given a half to "show" some sign of a "spark," but I think he starts.

467376[/snapback]

Okay, I've had lunch. It was hunger. I now think Holcomb will get the start. :blink:

Let me ask you this: Say holcomb starts and leads us to the playoffs. We get beat in the wild card. Do you consider this season a failure then?

467337[/snapback]

YES.

Why? Because you didn't win a super bowl. Anything short of a SB is failure, so why fail with a 89-7 record and a lower draft pick?

This team needs all the talent it can get.

YES.

Why? Because you didn't win a super bowl. Anything short of a SB is failure, so why fail with a 89-7 record and a lower draft pick?

This team needs all the talent it can get.

467798[/snapback]

You mean if HOlcomb guaranteed us a ticket to the playoffs (Im not saying he does....I'm just SAYING), you wouldn't want to take a shot? I think it would really be cool to see the Bills playing in January again.....even if it's outside chance to do damage, I'd love to see them in the postseason.

You mean if HOlcomb guaranteed us a ticket to the playoffs (Im not saying he does....I'm just SAYING), you wouldn't want to take a shot? I think it would really be cool to see the Bills playing in January again.....even if it's outside chance to do damage, I'd love to see them in the postseason.

467809[/snapback]

IF he guaranteed a ticket to winning a SB, I'd say ride it.

But that's about it.