betting line is still up so pro bettors either

Johnny

Why everyone is putting any stock into this is weird.

It's not our offense that's gonna make any difference on Sunday, it's the defense. How are we gonna stop a Miami team that is well rested off of a bye week with their entire team intact and with both passing and rushing games?

Hell, if Holcomb doubles our offensive output we'll score what, 17 or 20. Does anyone really believe that we will hold the fish to fewer than that?

The issues with the line are going to become even more prominent on Sunday due to Holcomb's lesser mobility. And if I see JP on the sidelines laughing his arse off, I think it would be the highlight of the afternoon. Laugh away JP. You'll have my vote if that happens.

The issues with the line are going to become even more prominent on Sunday due to Holcomb's lesser mobility.  And if I see JP on the sidelines laughing his arse off, I think it would be the highlight of the afternoon.  Laugh away JP.  You'll have my vote if that happens.

467021[/snapback]

I'm telling you, Holcomb is going to get killed back there. The offense will be lucky to score 3 and Miami will run the ball on us. No way I'm picking the Bills. Hell, I may not pick them on my ticket the rest of the year.

most places bills are -2.5

some have buffalo -3 +$1.10

miami +3 less $1.30

467013[/snapback]

I think it suggests that the betting public sees Holcomb and Losman as equals at this point.

The more troubling thing if you're a Bills fans is when a line opens at 2.5 and stays there throughout the week. It would be a good sign if the line moves to 3.

Doesn't say a whole hell of a lot for Holcomb, does it?  :blink:

467399[/snapback]

I think most bettors are not and have not been expecting the quarterback position to be the strength of this team. The defense is 31st against the run and the special teams has not been generating points (save for Lindell) like it was last year. Both of these facts are suprising. Losman's questionable play was expected - it is atypical for rookie to come in and succeed right away.