just think this is terrible timing

Johnny

:D

:D  QB is a pressure-packed position.  Are you suggesting that JP wants to have a seat to relieve the pressure?

Two home games against divisional opponents.....sounds like the kind of games JP needs to be starting in.

466937[/snapback]

No, I'm not suggesting that JP wants to sit. Hey, it's refreshing to see fans support a QB that s*cks for a change but for the good of the team, they need to see if the other guy (Holcomb) can be productive right now.

No, I'm not suggesting that JP wants to sit.  Hey, it's refreshing to see fans support a QB that s*cks for a change but for the good of the team, they need to see if the other guy (Holcomb) can be productive right now.

467011[/snapback]

How can it be refreshing? Bills fans have been supporting, even grudgingly, suckass QBs for nearly a decade now. This is old hat.

:D

Actually I think it makes alot of sense. JP is struggling big time and we still have a shot at the AFC East title. We have 2 home games coming up vs the AFC East why not give the Bills the best chance to win with the better QB in the game?

GO BILLS!

JP's time will come.

466836[/snapback]

i agree 125%

No, I'm not suggesting that JP wants to sit.  Hey, it's refreshing to see fans support a QB that s*cks for a change but for the good of the team, they need to see if the other guy (Holcomb) can be productive right now.

467011[/snapback]

how is it that JP becomes productive sitting on the bench. what would manning look like this year if the giants sat him after the first 4 games ??????

I look at it completely differently.  The Bills are undefeated against the AFC and the AFC East right now.  This is the perfect time to insert Holcomb and try to salvage the season.

I guess it just depends on whether people think the Bills have good enough talent to make the playoffs, and whether it's worth trying to make a run at it.  I definitely do on both counts.

467000[/snapback]

i agree they probably will be more competitive but the whole draft pick, offseason, letting drew bledsoe go, and first 4 games was for the sole reason that jp was going to be the guy....but pulling rug on him without a fair shake just means wasted time and regression............................if you wanted to run at the playoffs then keep your best qb ....why downgrade to holcomb?..........doubtful he makes even close to the run that bledsoe did when the bills put up more than 30 points a game in 6 consecutive games

You're wrong. The key to winning both of these games is to run Willis at least 30 times a game. Watch for them to call that and be so pleased with how KH turned around the offense.  :D

I'm getting a major case of odigita with these guys.

466874[/snapback]

NS, they'll run McGahee against the two of the easiest games on our schedule and then JP won't get to step foot on the field again this season. As much as I generally dislike Sullivan, he was spot on in his article this morning:

If they were going to panic, this was the week to do it. Consecutive home games against the Dolphins and Jets is a perfect setup - if the real objective is allowing Holcomb to steal Losman's job.

Gee, and I thought a couple of games in cozy Ralph Wilson Stadium would be an ideal way to get Losman some confidence and further his development. I guess it's more important to perpetuate the myth that the Bills are a contender.

These two games were the perfect spot for JP to regain his confidence. Wow, a young QB struggled on the road, what a surprise. I know, let's put the vet in for two of our easiest home games and see what happens!

This team didn't think Bledsoe was good enough but somehow Holcomb is? Hell, I don't think much of Bledsoe but he's better than Kelly friggin' Holcomb. If JP isn't getting reps this season is a total waste. I can't wait until next year when we have to groom our young QB...again.

I liked Mularky's approach last year after starting 0-4. Stay the course, don't panic. This year, its pure panic. Putting Holcomb in is wasting this season. It's almost as if the coaching staff and front office fear for their jobs so they're taking the short term approach instead of the long term. Why should they care if JP matures into a great QB next year if they're not here?

Sadly enough, I'm almost hoping Miami lays the smack-down on us this weekend.

Sadly enough, I'm almost hoping Miami lays the smack-down on us this weekend.

467047[/snapback]

As am I, and you're absolutely right about Sullivan. He hit the nail on the head with today's article. This was a chickensh!t move by Mularkey and TD to save their sorry asses.

Anyone who thinks that just running Willis 30 times a game is the answer to all our problems knows nothing about NFL football.  You will end up with a broken Willis and lot's of 3rd and Long's!  You need to be able to pass, especially on the road, to stay out of long 3rd down situations and more importantly...get some short TD drives and big plays that get you down there close.

466921[/snapback]

Anyone that thinks the run doesn't set up the pass 80% of the time knows nothing about NFL football. In fact, they don't even know how to watch football. :doh:;)

You don't take your best runner off the field 50% of the time except in Bizarro Football. You have to run the ball on consecutive downs continuously throught the entire game. That's what wears down defenses. The only other strategy to accomplish that is to run the K-gun all game. No one will suggest that even the newly Sainted Kelly Holcomb can run that offense. Yes, the pass or threat of the pass needs to be there, but ask the Pussburg opponents if they're more worried about the run or Ben Rollshisboogers passes.