just think this is terrible timing

Johnny

against nfl juggernaut division rivals dolphins and jets could be just what jp needs

this to me makes about as much sense as pulling him the 4th quarter down by less than a touchdown .........what a waste of an offseason +4 regular season games

Actually I think it makes alot of sense. JP is struggling big time and we still have a shot at the AFC East title. We have 2 home games coming up vs the AFC East why not give the Bills the best chance to win with the better QB in the game?

GO BILLS!

JP's time will come.

Actually I think it makes alot of sense. JP is struggling big time and we still have a shot at the AFC East title. We have 2 home games coming up vs the AFC East why not give the Bills the best chance to win with the better QB in the game?

GO BILLS!

JP's time will come.

466836[/snapback]

whats the point of letting bledsoe go? did they really expect to win the division with Losman? If they wanted to make a championship run now then keep bledsoe or get someone in here with a better resume. The Losman experiment should be over. Losman won his maiden easily and was in a position to win at new orleans (san antonio) where leaving him in could only bring about positives. Now they must be thinking of tanking the idea completely no matter what they say in the press.

GO BILLS!

JP's time will come.

466836[/snapback]

When? When do we just let him freaking develop during real games?

It's bullsh-t. Total bullsh-t. Last year we stuck with that piece of garbage Bledsoe because "we have great special teams and a top three Defense and this might be our year." Once again, complete bulsh-t. Look at the freaking Giants. They were in the playoff hunt last year, made the switch to Manning (and took some serious abuse from fans and media) and nutted up. Now he's starting to get it..."a light went off" as they say, and they are 3-1.

Pulling this kid now is a joke. The Bills play three of their next four games against AFCE opponents, two of whom they get to play at the Ralph, and another (Oakland) that has one of the worst Defenses in the NFL. The Bills are only one freaking game behind their division leaders. One game! With twelve !@#$ing games left to play. Kelly freaking Holcomb. Jesus.

Instead of caving in to desperation, or worse yet, player bitching and moaning, Mularkey should start kicking some asses, not switching to a damned career back-up and retarding a young QB's development. This is a crap move.

I'm sensing the heavy hand of the owner squeezing the shoulder of his VP/GM.

"This is Miami. You better beat Miami."

We've seen him force head coaches to install new starters before. :blink:

Maybe MM is skeered of losing his job.

This does put the lie to the crap they were spewing ever since DB walked out on their kind offer to ride the bench here this year.

Bad move if they pull JP.  He has to take his lumps on the field.  His clipboard apprenticeship was last year.

466850[/snapback]

Totally disagree with all of you. The kid has so much pressure from outside (media, fans, etc..) and so much pressure that he's putting on himself that he's ready to implode. No way would he come out against Miami and put on a brilliant performance. He's so puckered up he will get killed out there and continue to overthrow everybody.

Starting Holcomb is the right move. First off, it a no lose situation. If Holcomb does well, then it's great. If he does poorly then JP comes back and maybe he plays better coming off the bench with less pressure.

I think Holcomb will do pretty well and at least make Miami respect the pass a bit. He's a calm guy and he has plenty of experience reading defenses and most of all he's pretty accurate with the intermediate range throws.

This isn't the Giants situation from last year. We have a realistic chance of beating the Phins and Jets at home and making the AFC East a tight race. I am confident in saying that JP would not beat the Phins and Jets the way he has looked so far.

Totally disagree with all of you.  The kid has so much pressure from outside (media, fans, etc..) and so much pressure that he's putting on himself that he's ready to implode.  No way would he come out against Miami and put on a brilliant performance.  He's so puckered up he will get killed out there and continue to overthrow everybody.

Starting Holcomb is the right move.  First off, it a no lose situation.  If Holcomb does well, then it's great.  If he does poorly then JP comes back and maybe he plays better coming off the bench with less pressure.

I think Holcomb will do pretty well and at least make Miami respect the pass a bit.  He's a calm guy and he has plenty of experience reading defenses and most of all he's pretty accurate with the intermediate range throws. 

This isn't the Giants situation from last year.  We have a realistic chance of beating the Phins and Jets at home and making the AFC East a tight race.  I am confident in saying that JP would not beat the Phins and Jets the way he has looked so far.

466871[/snapback]

You're wrong. The key to winning both of these games is to run Willis at least 30 times a game. Watch for them to call that and be so pleased with how KH turned around the offense. :blink:

I'm getting a major case of odigita with these guys.

Totally disagree with all of you.  The kid has so much pressure from outside (media, fans, etc..) and so much pressure that he's putting on himself that he's ready to implode.  No way would he come out against Miami and put on a brilliant performance.  He's so puckered up he will get killed out there and continue to overthrow everybody.

Starting Holcomb is the right move.  First off, it a no lose situation.  If Holcomb does well, then it's great.  If he does poorly then JP comes back and maybe he plays better coming off the bench with less pressure.

I think Holcomb will do pretty well and at least make Miami respect the pass a bit.  He's a calm guy and he has plenty of experience reading defenses and most of all he's pretty accurate with the intermediate range throws. 

This isn't the Giants situation from last year.  We have a realistic chance of beating the Phins and Jets at home and making the AFC East a tight race.  I am confident in saying that JP would not beat the Phins and Jets the way he has looked so far.

466871[/snapback]

the name of the position is pressure.......its a confidence thing, without it at the position you fail.......not the same as the giants cause Warner still had them in position to make the playoffs but coughlin being a realist let his guy gain experience

who has been handled the way jp has......

pat ramsey

joey harrington

tim couch

who was thrown to the wolves and left in there even after looking terrible

aikman

jaworski

p manning

e manning

You're wrong. The key to winning both of these games is to run Willis at least 30 times a game. Watch for them to call that and be so pleased with how KH turned around the offense.  :D

I'm getting a major case of odigita with these guys.

466874[/snapback]

Anyone who thinks that just running Willis 30 times a game is the answer to all our problems knows nothing about NFL football. You will end up with a broken Willis and lot's of 3rd and Long's! You need to be able to pass, especially on the road, to stay out of long 3rd down situations and more importantly...get some short TD drives and big plays that get you down there close.

Anyone who thinks that just running Willis 30 times a game is the answer to all our problems knows nothing about NFL football.  You will end up with a broken Willis and lot's of 3rd and Long's!  You need to be able to pass, especially on the road, to stay out of long 3rd down situations and more importantly...get some short TD drives and big plays that get you down there close.

466921[/snapback]

And WHAT exactly has shown that Kelly Holcomb can complete passes? In case you didn't notice the past two times he's been in games, he's looked DREADFUL.

GO BILLS!

JP's time will come.

466836[/snapback]

and how do you know he is a better QB ????????

And WHAT exactly has shown that Kelly Holcomb can complete passes? In case you didn't notice the past two times he's been in games, he's looked DREADFUL.

466930[/snapback]

And do you guys remember the last pocket passer who didn't have time behind our suspect line? Yeah, that worked out well. Well enough to just miss the playoffs. Boy, I hope that happens again this year. :D

If true, this move is the worst kind of pandering to fans and a few whiny veterans. And, it'll mean that this coaching staff officially does not know what the !@#$ it's doing.

If true, this move is the worst kind of pandering to fans and a few whiny veterans.  And, it'll mean that this coaching staff officially does not know what the !@#$ it's doing.

466949[/snapback]

Charlie Weis wouldn't have pulled a for-shiat move like this.

against nfl juggernaut division rivals dolphins and jets could be just what jp needs

this to me makes about as much sense as pulling him the 4th quarter down by less than a touchdown .........what a waste of an offseason +4 regular season games

466834[/snapback]

I look at it completely differently. The Bills are undefeated against the AFC and the AFC East right now. This is the perfect time to insert Holcomb and try to salvage the season.

I guess it just depends on whether people think the Bills have good enough talent to make the playoffs, and whether it's worth trying to make a run at it. I definitely do on both counts.