KFFL says it's Holcomb

Bills | Holcomb Expected to Start Week 5

Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:22:45 -0700

Updating ongoing reports and citing the Buffalo News, Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb is expected to be the starting quarterback for Week 5 in favor of QB J.P. Losman, who has struggled thus far this season. However, the team has yet to officially name Holcomb the starter this week.

Bills | Parrish Loses Cast on Wrist

Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:05:24 -0700

Gregg Pastore, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills WR Roscoe Parrish (wrist) was limited in practice Wednesday, Oct. 5, but practiced for the first time without a cast on his wrist. He didn't catch any passes, but did run some routes and saw some work with the special teams unit. Head coach Mike Mularkey is hoping he can spark the offense a bit. Mularkey said, "I think we're all hoping that. Based on what he has done at the time that he was healthy. He may have to get his feet wet a bit, but I certainly hope so. Especially on third down, where we have struggled. I think he could help us with our effectiveness there."

I'll have to give Ryan (KFFL admin) the business about that one. Normally they limit the HOTW section to hard news. This is mere speculation, with no substance. On top of that, I searched the Buffalo News site and couldn't find a single article where they even speculate that Holcomb will be the starter.