Curious, we're not the only ones

Beerball

Each successive year for this game I think about how the rivalry becomes less and less pronounced. Not only from a fan perspective but especially from a player's. I doubt that half the players on the team have any kind of perspective about the past history between the teams - especially from Buffalo's point of view. I think Thurman was the last Bills veteran who truly hated the Dolphins and tried to pass on to the younger players the sense of the rivalry. The only player left from around then is Moulds - and I think he's more worried about other things at this point.

I bet if you said "Oh for the 70's" a lot of the people on this board wouldn't even know what you were talking about.

Each successive year for this game I think about how the rivalry becomes less and less pronounced.  Not only from a fan perspective but especially from a player's.  I doubt that half the players on the team have any kind of perspective about the past history between the teams - especially from Buffalo's point of view.  I think Thurman was the last Bills veteran who truly hated the Dolphins and tried to pass on to the younger players the sense of the rivalry.  The only player left from around then is Moulds - and I think he's more worried about other things at this point.   

I bet if you said "Oh for the 70's" a lot of the people on this board wouldn't even know what you were talking about.

465833[/snapback]

Great sig, BTW.

Each successive year for this game I think about how the rivalry becomes less and less pronounced.  Not only from a fan perspective but especially from a player's.  I doubt that half the players on the team have any kind of perspective about the past history between the teams - especially from Buffalo's point of view.  I think Thurman was the last Bills veteran who truly hated the Dolphins and tried to pass on to the younger players the sense of the rivalry.  The only player left from around then is Moulds - and I think he's more worried about other things at this point.   

465833[/snapback]

I was goint to try to make a smart remark having to do with the 70's but i don't know what you are talking about :);):lol:

:lol:

465833[/snapback]

You are correct sir! Players (and fans) aren't going to care what happened in the '70s, when half of them weren't even born yet.