Sabres live telecast on DirecTV tomorrow (maybe)

If you have Directv and live in New York State (west of Syracuse) you will NOT see Wednesday's game. It doesn't matter if you have the Center Ice package or not.

If you live anywhere else and have Directv, you will see the live game on Channel 621 (it will be the Islanders telecast) ONLY if you have BOTH the Center Ice Package AND subscribe to the 600 series channels (the regional sports networks).

If you have Center Ice and NOT the 600 series channels, you will not see the game at all.

If you have the 600 series channels you will be able to watch a replay of the game (Islanders telecast) from 12:00 am to 2:00 am Thursday on MSG (channel 621), no matter where you live.

As of this writing, there has not yet been an agreement reached between MSG and Directv to show the Sabres feeds of the games.

The Sabres feeds of the games are NOT replayed on MSG.

I think everyone will get the first week of the NHL -- I got something in email saying that the first week is free.

Probably won't help for the home team (and that sucks), but hopefully they'll work something out soon.

CW

That's good news since i get Center Ice and the 600 series of channels. I was wondering why the Isles/Sabres game was listed on MSG tonight but not on the Center Ice package? DTV and MSG better get this thing worked out soon. Although i imagine a good portion of Sabres games would end up being shown on Center Ice anyway probably using the opponents television feed.

If you have Directv and live in New York State (west of Syracuse) you will NOT see Wednesday's game. It doesn't matter if you have the Center Ice package or not.

If you live anywhere else and have Directv, you will see the live game on Channel 621 (it will be the Islanders telecast) ONLY if you have BOTH the Center Ice Package AND subscribe to the 600 series channels (the regional sports networks).

If you have Center Ice and NOT the 600 series channels, you will not see the game at all.

If you have the 600 series channels you will be able to watch a replay of the game (Islanders telecast) from 12:00 am to 2:00 am Thursday on MSG (channel 621), no matter where you live.

As of this writing, there has not yet been an agreement reached between MSG and Directv to show the Sabres feeds of the games.

465541[/snapback]

From what I have been told by DirecTV reps, if you are in WNY AND have Center Ice you will be able to see the games on the Center Ice channels (773 for tonight's game) as DirecTV claims Rochester / East have Anger/Slander/Evil as their home market and Buffalo has Pens as home market. This contradicts what I have always understood the NHL blackout policy to be, but I have been told that by at least 3 of their customer service reps / supervisors.

However, until / unless something gets worked out between DTV and MSG you will not be able to see the Sabres pre/post game shows as they typically are not carried on Center Ice.

Dave.

465541[/snapback]

I dunno bout this. here is the schedule from the Directv website, updated as of this morning. Sabres on channel 773 yippee!!!!

Couldn't help myself, pulled the trigger on the Center Ice package. What an idiot I am.

Wednesday, October 5 Time (ET) Chan.

Montreal Canadiens at Boston Bruins 7:00 pm 760

Columbus Blue Jackets at Washington Capitals 7:00 pm 761

Atlanta Thrashers at Florida Panthers 7:00 pm 762

New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres 7:00 pm 773

Pittsburgh Penguins at New Jersey Devils 7:30 pm 763

Carolina Hurricanes at Tampa Bay Lightning 7:30 pm 764

St. Louis Blues at Detroit Red Wings 7:30 pm 765

Calgary Flames at Minnesota Wild 8:00 pm TBA

Ottawa Senators at Toronto Maple Leafs 8:00 pm 766

San Jose Sharks at Nashville Predators 8:00 pm 767

Anaheim Mighty Ducks at Chicago Blackhawks 8:30 pm 769

Los Angeles Kings at Dallas Stars 8:30 pm 770

Colorado Avalanche at Edmonton Oilers 10:00 pm 771

Phoenix Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks 10:30 pm 772

I just noticed on the DIRECTV program guide channel 627 Islanders @ Sabres (RSNA), could this be the Sabres feed of the game????

465907[/snapback]

That it is. Looks like they finally got the deal done. Also, although pre/post games aren't showing yet, they should end up on that channel as well.