Here's One Way To Improve

IDBillzFan

Get better at adjusting your offensive gameplan at halftime. Last year we were rock solid in the third quarter and were able to capitalize on it.

In four games this year, only one team has scored against us in the third quarter. That's the good news. The bad news is that in four games, we've been outscored in the third quarter 7-3.

We need to adjust at the half offensively like we do defensively.

Keeping the other team scoreless that period is great...unless you keep yourself scoreless as well. Must adjust. Must get better. Must keep moving forward.

It's all about the third quarter, baby.

Get better at adjusting your offensive gameplan at halftime. Last year we were rock solid in the third quarter and were able to capitalize on it.

In four games this year, only one team has scored against us in the third quarter. That's the good news. The bad news is that in four games, we've been outscored in the third quarter 7-3.

We need to adjust at the half offensively like we do defensively.

Keeping the other team scoreless that period is great...unless you keep yourself scoreless as well. Must adjust. Must get better. Must keep moving forward.

It's all about the third quarter, baby.

465386[/snapback]

Most NFL coaches would be fired if they worked in general business. They have this slavish adherance to that pre-ordained piece of paper.

A fast-food franchise manager who takes care of the lunch rush would be more nimble on his or her feet than most of these blockheads.

99 lbs.....that's how much she charges. How much is that in "mighty dollars?"

Hey....back on topic. I do somewhat agree about the third quarter thingy. I put alot of what's going to happen in the second half on the first drives and defensive series that start the 3rd quarter.....

But....IMO alot of coaches try and keep the game close.....wear out their opponents during the game and win the game in the 4th quarter. Of course, this theory works a little better when you play in 100% humidity and it's 95 degrees with the on-field temperature around 109. AND....your team is playing the Denver Broncos.

99 lbs.....that's how much she charges.  How much is that in "mighty dollars?"

Hey....back on topic. I do somewhat agree about the third quarter thingy.  I put alot of what's going to happen in the second half on the first drives and defensive series that start the 3rd quarter.....

But....IMO alot of coaches try and keep the game close.....wear out their opponents during the game and win the game in the 4th quarter.  Of course, this theory works a little better when you play in 100% humidity and it's 95 degrees with the on-field temperature around 109. AND....your team is playing the Denver Broncos.

465397[/snapback]

Oh, look who's here. The last of the sane fish fans. Good to see your prose again.

I tend to think few people put as much emphasis on their second half opening drive than they should. Everyone expects defensive adjustments, but rarely do I ever see people make any offensive adjustments.