speaking of the wade years ...

(this is in relation to the crisis enveloping mike tice and the vikes)

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...gs/12810669.htm

In the meantime, the Vikings are trying to settle down, as they try to regroup for an important stretch during which they play four of their next six games on the road.

"I was in a situation where we were (0-3 in 1998)," linebacker Sam Cowart said, recalling his rookie season with the Buffalo Bills. "It was bad. I told the guys it was a lot worse than it is here, and we went on to make the playoffs. We can definitely turn it around."

---

Appears to be a Rob Johnson reference?  No?

Didn't bother to log in and read it...

465454[/snapback]

don't know - it was before the qb controversy occurred. the bills lost the first 3, and then johnson had a great game against sf to put the bills at 1-3. he then got hurt against indy early in the 1st quarter, and you know the rest ...

don't know - it was before the qb controversy occurred. the bills lost the first 3, and then johnson had a great game against sf to put the bills at 1-3. he then got hurt against indy early in the 1st quarter, and you know the rest ...

Actually he had a great game against the Rams the week before the SF game, had a comfortable lead, got hurt, and saw Flutie lose the game because he couldn't even get a 1st down.

Aw man! Now you did it! :)

465527[/snapback]

My first thought was youg QB and growing pains, then QB controversy... like you... we all know the rest.

Also - I'm thinking Cowart is just trying to pump his guys up and get them motivated. The reason I say that is because if I remember right, Cowart was the first pick for the Bills in '98 in the second round as they traded thier first rounder to Jacksonville for Johnson. Interesting that a rookie with three games in the NFL would have such a deep perspective of the locker room.

Of course I could be all wrong here.